Institute for Invention, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship
From first-years through faculty — our engineers jump in, turning inspiration into applications, technology, and services that can compete in the market and improve the world.
Invention, innovation, entrepreneurship:
They're core to both academics and research at NYU Tandon.
The Institute for Invention, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship (IIIE@Tandon) aims to empower faculty to become thought leaders in scholarly and educational activities around invention, innovation, and entrepreneurship and to educate its students to become innovative and entrepreneurial thinkers in addition to technology-savvy engineers.
IIIE@Tandon serves as the focal point for all research, educational, and service activities in support of Tandon’s goal to integrate invention, innovation, and entrepreneurship into its academic culture.
The IIIE will realize its mission through a wide range of activities such as:
- Serving as a one-stop shop for all school-wide activities that promote invention, innovation, and entrepreneurship
- Generating a nurturing environment for the translation of science and engineering breakthroughs into new technologies, products, and processes in service to society
- Exploring new learning opportunities that will provide every student with the basic knowledge and experience of entrepreneurial thinking
- Connecting faculty and students with the NYU Tandon Future Labs, the NexusLabs, PowerbridgeNY, NYCRIN, the RLab as well as with innovation- and entrepreneurship-related activities across all of NYU
- Linking the NYU Tandon community to the broader NYC technology ecosystem through hackathons, workshops, competitions, guest lectures, and tech talks
The NYU Tandon Future Labs are business incubators for a new generation.
School-wide, multi-faceted Initiatives
InnoVention is a prototyping competition that challenges NYU students from across the globe to prototype and pitch commercially viable ideas for real-world problems.