Alternative Proctoring Sites
If you are unable to take your exam on the NYU Tandon School of Engineering campus, you can find a list of alternate proctoring sites on the National College Testing Association (NCTA) website. The following are also approved proctors for exams:
- Faculty and administrative staff at public or private college and universities
- Full-time school or public librarian
- Guidance counselor/counseling staff
- Full-time teacher or staff member
- Corporate training officer
- Embassy education officer
- Military base/station education officer
- Base commander
- Local college testing center
- Education center staff
Should you be a resident in one of the Proctoring Restricted States, you could qualify for an alternative testing option. Should this apply to you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com.
Should you be in a qualifying state and you have a proctoring site, please fill out the proctor nomination form. If you are able to come on-campus, please view the Exams and Testing page for information on how to take your exam.
How remote proctoring works:
- Please visit the National College Testing Association (NCTA) website for a list of approved proctoring sites. Once you select the proctor site that is most convenient to you, YOU MUST call the site to make a reservation for testing. Failure to do so could result in a delay or failure of your exam.
- At least 10 days before your exam, fill out and submit the online nomination form to notify NYU Tandon Online of your proctoring arrangement.
- Once we verify and confirm your appointment for proctoring, we will then send your exam to the proctor site.
- You take the exam as scheduled and the completed exam will be sent to NYU Tandon Online by the proctor site.
A few things you need to know about proctor sites:
- Proctor sites MAY charge a fee for their services. Students are responsible for paying all fees for proctoring. If you plan to use an alternate site, you should inquire about the associated fees before booking your appointment.
- You must schedule and reserve a testing date for each proctored exam, even if you return to the same proctor for the second exam.
- If you have any questions regarding proctoring, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.