Online Student Orientation
Welcome new Digital Learning students!
During the weeks leading up to the beginning of classes, we will be providing you with the skills, resources, and information you will need to successfully complete your online program.
Congratulations on your acceptance to your online program at NYU Tandon School of Engineering! Every part of our online community, the faculty, staff, and students, look forward to welcoming you. More information will be provided to you soon as plans are finalized, but feel free to review some of the first steps you can take to beginning your degree!
Visit the On-Campus Graduate Orientation page to view on-campus orientation events and other useful information as a new student.
If you are an incoming NYU Tandon Bridge student, view information about your orientation on the Bridge student resources page.
What you will learn:
- How to activate your user accounts and get started
- How to access your online courses, submit assignments, attend a webinar and more
- Tips and strategies to help you succeed as an online learner
- The structure of NYU and important offices you may need to work with
- Who your academic advisor is, what they can help you with and how to set-up an appointment with them
- How to enroll in your online courses
- The array of resources available to online students (library services, academic advising, career services, tutoring and more)
You can contact Digital Learning anytime by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 646.997.3623, connecting on Skype at nyu.tandon.online or booking an appointment.
New Student Checklist
If you have already been admitted, there are a number of tasks which you will need to complete before you can begin your orientation. Follow the steps below to complete these tasks and ensure you are ready and prepared for your orientation.
- Pay your tuition deposit
- Meet the conditions outlined in your acceptance letter (i.e. Proof of Degree, Official Transcripts, etc.)
- Activate your NetID
- Participate in the Digital Learning Orientation Course
- Sign up for NYU Multi-Factor Authentication
Should you have a question, feel free to reach out to Digital Learning by email at email@example.com or phone at 646.997.3623.