Compliment your academic development by building your leadership competency toolbox through leadership development workshops and trainings or hone your leadership skills through taking on an on-campus leadership role.
One of the goals of NYU Tandon is to teach students how to function effectively in teams, both as leaders and as members. Out-of-the-classroom experience plays a crucial part in the development of this skill. Therefore, students are invited and challenged to live out what they are learning in the classroom. Consider the following opportunities to gain real-world leadership and team work experience:
- CATalyst: Tandon Leadership Lab Summit
- Tandon Leadership Lab: Fall Series
NYU Tandon students have the opportunity to take on a variety of leadership roles. Student leaders are instrumental in enhancing the quality of campus life through co-curricular activities such as institutional governance, clubs, organizations, special committees, recreational and cultural endeavors, and the planning and production of special programs.
Leadership roles and opportunities are available within:
- Student Clubs
- Undergraduate and Graduate Student Council
- Undergraduate Orientation Leaders
- Graduate Orientation Leaders
- First Year Mentorship Program
- WoMentorship Program
- The Poly Project Service Ambassadors
For all general inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Leader Awards
The Student Leader Awards ceremony is the NYU Tandon School of Engineering's opportunity to recognize and honor the many student clubs and student leaders that build and impact our community.
The nomination process for the annual Student Leader Awards, sponsored by the Office of the Associate Dean for Student Affairs and the Office of Student Activities & Resource Center, is opened in the Spring of each year.
Awards are given in the following categories:
- Outstanding Program Awards (For student clubs - by nomination ONLY)
- Community Engagement and Civic Responsibility
- Diversity and Cultural Competency
- Innovation and Creative Thinking
- Interpersonal Leadership Development
- Connection to the Global Network University
- Club Management Awards (based on OrgSync assessment data - no nominations accepted)
- Outstanding Financial Management (student club)
- Outstanding Student Engagement (student club)
- Outstanding Event Management (student club)
- Outstanding Organizational Management (student club)
- Overall Awards (For both clubs and individuals - by nomination ONLY)
- Outstanding Organizational Growth (student club)
- Outstanding Organizational Collaboration (student club)
- Faculty Advisor of the Year (individual)
- Student Organization of the Year (student club)
- Emerging Leaders Award (individual)
- Distinguished Engagement Award (individual)
- Student Leader of the Year (individual)