The First-Year Mentorship Program focuses on leadership development and is comprised of a diverse group of students who are self-motivated, diligent, and academically focused. This program will prepare students for real-life leadership experiences by enhancing leadership skills; fostering intrapersonal, interpersonal, ethical and moral development; enhance your personal development as a leader, and help you to take ownership of your college experience.
Mentors will meet with participants during bi-weekly meetings and will help participants develop their personal and leadership skills. Mentors are dynamic students who are responsible for facilitating the growth and progression of their Mentees on a social, academic, and transitional level. Mentors also act as role models and provide support through student resources for their Mentees.
Mentors are responsible for providing out-of-classroom learning experiences to Mentees while supporting various campus activities that are executed and administered by the Office of Student Activities and Resource Center and partner offices within the institution. Additionally, Mentors are responsible for heightening the awareness of the community in various areas related to academic success, community development, multiculturalism, health and wellness, alumni relations, and career development.
- Application Deadline for MENTORS (current undergraduates): TBD
- Application Deadline for MENTEES (incoming undergraduate first-years): September 2, 2018
- First Meeting: September 5, 2018, 5-7 pm
- MENTORS are current undergraduate students, sophomore through seniors.
- MENTEES are incoming undergraduate students entering their first year.
- Meetings will be bi-weekly for both Mentors and Mentees on Wednesdays from 5-7 pm starting September 5.
Please note that this program is only for undergraduate students.