Current & New MS/FE Students
A customized track provides students the opportunity to select courses spanning all tracks that meet their individual interests and career goals. Students interested in a customized track must obtain advance approval from the faculty advisor via a Customized Track Request Form*, which must include three elements:
- Career goals you would like to accomplish through the custom track
- List of specific courses, totaling 7.5 credits that might constitute your program (keep in mind that certain courses may not be available every term).
- Explanation of how/why your proposed track meets your goals better than the existing tracks.
*NOTE: Please download, save the PDF locally, and open in Preview (Mac OSX), Adobe Acrobat, FoxIt, or similar program that will allow PDF editing.
You will then be able to digitally edit and sign the PDF.
Cross-Registration & Minors
Graduate students enrolled in other NYU graduate programs may request enrollment in FRE courses for up to 6 credits per semester with the approval of their graduate program advisor. Undergraduate students are not allowed to take courses in the MS in Financial Engineering program, except for those in a combined BS/MS program. It is the students’ responsibility to consult with their academic advisor if the courses they plan to take satisfy degree requirements in their program, and to obtain approval to enroll in Financial Engineering courses via the FRE cross-registration form. Please review the NYU cross-school registration policy prior to submitting cross-registration requests.
The Finance and Risk Engineering Department does not accept transfer students from any programs within the NYU Tandon School of Engineering, New York University as a whole, or from any outside schools. If you would like to enroll into the program, please submit an application as per the guidelines outlined in “The Fundamentals of Admission” video.
NYU Virtual Business Library provides access to electronic databases, current and historical company information, journals and newspaper articles, and other financial industry information resources and services available through NYU’s Bobst Library. Access is available to all NYU faculty, staff and enrolled students with a valid NYU log in.
FRE Course Listings
In addition to the resources provided by the NYU Wasserman Career Center, NYU Tandon FRE MSFE students have the benefit of receiving in-house career resources directly through the services provided by FRE Department’s Career Placement Director.
In-house FRE Services (available exclusively to FRE MSFE students):
- FRE-Net Job Application Portal Access
- Career Resources Google Site for FE Students
- FRE Company Recruiting Presentations and Networking Events
- Internship and full-time opportunities through FRE-Net system
- MSFE Resume Workshop and Guidance
- FE Career Focused Recruiting and Interview Preparation Workshops
- FE Industry Panels & Networking Events
- FRE Alumni / Student Events
Further information on how to get started with utilizing these resources are provided to FE students during the first week of the program.
FRE Career Placement Director
12 MetroTech Center, 26th Floor, 646-997-3569, firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about Sara’s mission for FRE Career Placement.