Smart Cities Technology
Researching, developing, and applying new technologies to help solve problems in our growing urban areas
Our mission at VIP Smart Cities is to promote urban environmental justice by researching and developing new technologies as well as identifying existing issues through the use of data collection and analysis.
Our current projects focus on the areas of sustainable energy generation and distribution, environmental air quality sensors, and urban mobility analysis.
This project-based course consists of research teams that design and prototype technological innovations to address the needs of innovative urban environments. Through data collection and analysis of this data, students aim to improve the current quality of life of city inhabitants and help ensure the increased efficiency of urban environments.
See our live data from NYU Shanghai.
Methods & Technologies
- Renewable energy generation
- Smart grids
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Connected mobility
- Transportation modelling
- Civil, urban, environmental and transportation engineering
- Arduino/Raspberry Pi and coordinating sensors
- Intelligent systems and the Internet of Things
- Quantified cities
- Front and back end programming
- NYU MakerSpace
- Renewable Energy Team
- Sensors Team
- Mobility Team
Areas of Interest
- Civil Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Applied Urban Science and Informatics
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Sustainable Urban Environments
- All majors are welcome!
- NYU Tandon School of Engineering
- Center for Urban Science and Progress (CUSP)
- Connected Cities for Smart Mobility toward Accessible and Resilient Transportation (C2SMART)
- NYU ITE/ITS
- Living Lab – Downtown Brooklyn
- Jack Bringardner
- Email: email@example.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org