Institute for Invention, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship
The Institute for Invention, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship (IIIE@Tandon), serves as the focal point for all research, educational, and service activities in support of Tandon’s goal to integrate Invention, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship into its academic culture and to advance student and faculty appreciation of and skills in inventiveness, innovation, creativity, and entrepreneurial and design thinking.
With a vision to empower the School’s faculty to become thought leaders in scholarly and educational activities around invention, innovation, and entrepreneurship and to educate its students to become innovative and entrepreneurial thinkers in addition to technology-savvy engineers, the IIIE will realize its mission through a wide range of activities such as:
- Serving as a one-stop shop for all school-wide activities that promote invention, innovation, and entrepreneurship
- Generating a nurturing environment for the translation of science and engineering breakthroughs into new technologies, products, and processes in service to society
- Exploring new learning opportunities that will provide every student with the basic knowledge and experience of entrepreneurial thinking
- Connecting faculty and students with the NYU Tandon Future Labs, the NexusLabs, PowerbridgeNY, NYCRIN, as well as with innovation- and entrepreneurship-related activities across all of NYU
- Linking the NYU Tandon community to the broader NYC technology ecosystem through hackathons, workshops, competitions, guest lectures, and tech talks