Undergraduate students are invited to participate in an international experience through Tandon Global.
Students can apply for a variety of study abroad programs where they have the opportunity to pursue a uniquely rewarding educational experience overseas.
The skills you develop while studying abroad will add another layer of expertise to your growing portfolio of experiences and better equip you to approach the challenges of the 21st-century global economy.
Studying abroad offers you a wonderful opportunity to immerse yourself in another culture and engage with people and history in a way that broadens the scope of traditional classroom education. Experiencing life in another country enables you to understand diverse international perspectives. It is an exercise of adaptation and strengthens one’s ability to communicate comfortably across different customs, traditions, and languages.
Below we have divided the study abroad process into 3 steps:
- Academics and Course Planning
- Review Locations (Global Sites and International Exchange Institutions)
- Applications and Acceptance
It is important to follow these steps when researching how study abroad works at NYU before setting up a meeting with Tandon Global.
Once you've complete your initial research, please fill out the following interest form. Your responses will help us when meeting with you and for future planning purposes.
Study Abroad Interest Form
Major Specific Study Abroad Guides
Check out our Major Specific Study Abroad Guides to help you begin the exploration process. Each page has been made specifically for each major at Tandon. Each QR Code is clickable and takes you to additional resources and information. Remember, what is listed is just a suggestion for your major; if you are interested in other locations please send us an email so we can discuss!
In this portal, you will find the following:
- Tandon Exchange Application: Bremen, Korea University, Centrale
- Admitted Student Pages: Personalized landing page for students admitted into the international exchange programs
- Pre-Approved/Evaluated Exchange Courses: A comprehensive list of all courses already reviewed and evaluated by Tandon indicating what course it will transfer back as to Tandon
- Course Evaluation Submission Form: Courses not already pre-approved can be submitted by students here to be evaluated by the appropriate department and added to the pre-approved list
- Course Preferences List: Admitted students will be able to add their course preferences to their account to be reviewed by the academic advisor to determine how each one will count towards your degree progress
- More To Come!
In order to access this portal, you will need to be sure to fill out the Tandon Study Abroad Interest Form above in order to be granted log-in access. For a tutorial on how to navigate and utilize the portal, please view the “Tandon Study Abroad Portal Tutorial”. You will need to use your NYU credentials to access.