Online Student Orientation
Welcome new Spring 2019 Tandon Online students! During the weeks leading up to the beginning of classes, we will be providing you with the skills, resources, and information you will need to successfully complete your online program.
Congratulations on your acceptance to your online program at NYU Tandon School of Engineering! Every part of our online community, the faculty, staff, and students, look forward to welcoming you this Spring 2019 semester. More information will be provided to you soon as plans are finalized, but feel free to review some of the first steps you can take to beginning your degree!
Visit the On-Campus Graduate Orientation page to view on-campus orientation events and other useful information as a new student.
If you are an incoming Bridge to Tandon student, view information about your orientation on the Bridge student resources page.
What you will learn:
- How to activate your user accounts and get started
- How to access your online courses, submit assignments, attend a webinar and more
- Tips and strategies to help you succeed as an online learner
- The structure of NYU and important offices you may need to work with
- Who your academic advisor is, what they can help you with and how to set-up an appointment with them
- How to enroll in your online courses
- The array of resources available to online students (library services, academic advising, career services, tutoring and more)
To start familiarizing with the online learning world, your Student Services Specialist, Luke Modzier, will be in contact with you after admission. You can also contact him anytime by emailing email@example.com, calling 646.997.3071, connecting on Skype at nyu.tandon.online or book an appointment with him.
New Student Checklist
If you have already been admitted, there are a number of tasks which you will need to complete before you can begin your orientation. Follow the steps below to complete these tasks and ensure you are ready and prepared for your orientation.
- Pay your tuition deposit
- Meet the conditions outlined in your acceptance letter (i.e. Proof of Degree, Official Transcripts, etc.)
- Activate your NetID
- Participate in the NYU Tandon Online Orientation Course for the Spring 2019 semester. Orientation will begin in January 2019
- Sign up for NYU Multi-Factor Authentication