Graduate Student Orientation
Congratulations on your acceptance and choice to attend NYU Tandon School of Engineering!
New Graduate Student Orientation (NGSO)
Fall 2022 - Tuesday, August 23 - Thursday, August 25
New Graduate Student Orientation (NGSO) is an opportunity for our new graduate students at the NYU Tandon School of Engineering to come together and begin their journey at NYU. As a new student at NYU School of Engineering, it is important that you take advantage of all orientation has to offer. Below is information regarding registering for and attending the various Orientation sessions, as well as some helpful links to help you prepare for your arrival at the NYU Tandon School of Engineering.
NGSO will include opportunities to join hangouts with your Graduate Orientation Leaders (GOLs) prior to the official orientation days which are August 23rd - August 25th. These are opportunities to meet other incoming graduate students as well as meet current students.
You will be REQUIRED to register for NGSO using the below registration link. Please note, at this time NGSO will be hosted in person on NYU Tandon's campus in Brooklyn! If your N Number does not work, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember the required session is the Welcome to Graduate School at the NYU Tandon School of Engineering which will be offered. We encourage you to attend as many of the other sessions as you can as they will be able to provide you opportunities to meet various offices as well as other students.
NGSO Fall 2022 Registration and Schedule - Look out for updates in the Summer!
Questions about NGSO? E-mail: email@example.com
Pre-Graduate Orientation Hangouts
New Graduate Student Orientation will include opportunities to join hangouts with your Graduate Orientation Captains (GOCs) prior to the official orientation days. These are great opportunities to meet other incoming graduate students as well as meet current students! Make sure to register before each hangout session via Zoom in order to attend. Please see the below schedule and registration links.
Schedule to be announced in the Summer!
- Pay Your Tuition Deposit
- Participate in the Pre-Orientation Webinar
- Submit a photo for your NYU ID
- Submit your Immunization Requirements
- Check Health Insurance Requirements
- Make an appointment with your academic adviser
- Find out about options for temporary and off-campus housing
- Complete the below forms (Note: You must be logged into your NYU email in order to complete the form): Updated in January!
- Media Rights Waiver
- NYU Tandon Community Compact
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS (Office of Global Services)
- Complete the arrival form and submit your immigration documents to OGS online in August. You will need PDF or JPG copies of the following items to upload to the form:
- F-1 or J-1 visa
- I-94 record, I-20 or DS-2019
- and your dependent's documents (if you have a spouse or children here with you as F-2 or J-2 dependents). You can ONLY complete this once you have arrived in the United States.
- Connect with the NYU Office of Global Services on their social media platforms