Graduate Student Orientation
Congratulations on your acceptance and choice to attend NYU Tandon School of Engineering!
Fall 2022 Orientation Recordings
New Graduate Student Orientation (NGSO)
Spring 2023 - Wednesday, January 18 - Thursday, January 19
New Graduate Student Orientation (NGSO) is an opportunity for our new graduate students at the NYU Tandon School of Engineering to come together and begin their journey at NYU. As a new student at NYU School of Engineering, it is important that you take advantage of all orientation has to offer. Below is information regarding registering for and attending the various Orientation sessions, as well as some helpful links to help you prepare for your arrival at the NYU Tandon School of Engineering.
You will be REQUIRED to register for NGSO using the below registration link. Please note, at this time NGSO will be hosted in person on NYU Tandon's campus in Brooklyn! If your N Number does not work, please email email@example.com. Remember the required session is the Welcome to Graduate School at the NYU Tandon School of Engineering which will be offered. We encourage you to attend as many of the other sessions as you can as they will be able to provide you opportunities to meet various offices as well as other students.
Register for Spring 2023 - Check Back for Updates!
NGSO Schedule - Available January 2023
Questions about NGSO? E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Register for the PhD Student Orientation Session
As a part of NGSO the PhD Hub will be hosting a mandatory PhD Orientation session.
Fall 2022 Incoming PhD Students: RSVP for the Tandon PhD Orientation on Thursday, August 25th at 10AM. This orientation will be in-person and is mandatory for all students.
Any questions in regard to the PhD Orientation session? Email email@example.com.
- Pay Your Tuition Deposit
- Participate in the Pre-Orientation Webinar
- Submit a photo for your NYU ID
- Submit your Immunization Requirements
- Check Health Insurance Requirements
- Make an appointment with your academic adviser
- Find out about options for temporary and off-campus housing
- Complete the below forms (Note: You must be logged into your NYU email in order to complete the form): Updated in January!
- Media Rights Waiver
- NYU Tandon Community Compact
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS (Office of Global Services)
- Complete the arrival form and submit your immigration documents to OGS online in August. You will need PDF or JPG copies of the following items to upload to the form:
- F-1 or J-1 visa
- I-94 record, I-20 or DS-2019
- and your dependent's documents (if you have a spouse or children here with you as F-2 or J-2 dependents). You can ONLY complete this once you have arrived in the United States.
- Connect with the NYU Office of Global Services on their social media platforms