NYU Abu Dhabi Visiting Student Summer Research Program
NYU Abu Dhabi welcomes the unique experiences and insights visiting students bring to the university and region. The Visiting Undergraduate Research Program provides an opportunity for a limited number of undergraduate students at NYU New York, NYU Shanghai, and UAE-based universities to take part in research projects at NYUAD over the summer, supervised by NYUAD faculty. For information about the program, and to view possible opportunities, please visit the Visiting Student Summer Undergraduate Research Program page on the NYUAD web page.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Application Deadline: April 5, 2022, 5PM GST
Program Dates: June 6–July 29, 2022.
Program Location: All summer 2022 positions are expected to take place in-person, on the NYUAD campus.
Program Costs and Logistics: Students will be awarded USD 150 per week* and will be provided with on-campus accommodation free of charge. NYU NY and Shanghai students may be eligible to request a return flight (from their home destination to AD and back to home destination) if they have a valid UAE residence visa but are outside of the country at the time of the summer research.
* The funds transfer process amongst program participants will be dependent on the student's association with the institution.
NYU New York/NYU Shanghai
The conditions of eligibility are as follows:
- Students must hold a valid UAE residence visa or a UAE citizenship in order to be eligible to take part in the program. NYUAD is unable to sponsor a residence visa solely for the purpose of this program. For NYU New York and NYU Shanghai students, this means the program is open only to students sponsored by currently at NYUAD and students who are otherwise resident in the UAE.
- Students must be currently enrolled in full-time, undergraduate study at NYU New York or NYU Shanghai.
- Only students who have successfully completed at least 44 credits and have a GPA above 3.3 are eligible to take part. Students who do not meet this requirement may still apply — it is up to the discretion of the supervising faculty whether you can be considered.
- Students must be in good academic and disciplinary standing.
- The position should usually be in line with the student’s declared major and academic interests.
- Students will be required to enroll in a zero-credit, pass/fail class and attend an orientation session.
- Students must be available for the full duration of the advertised position.
Apply now! More information can be found online via the NYUAD Visiting Student Summer Undergraduate Research Program. Please direct any questions or concerns to Farhana Goha at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NYU Abu Dhabi Visiting Student Semester Undergraduate Research Assistantship
This assistantship creates a platform for visiting students to contribute to an ongoing research project under the supervision of an NYUAD faculty member, who will serve as a mentor, collaborator, and role model. Additionally, students will have access to state-of-the-art research facilities on campus. Previous student assistantship work has been varied and included laboratory sample preparation and field experiments, experimental data analysis, collecting original data, analyzing quantitative data, writing literature reviews or research reports, and filming videos to assist with research outreach and communication.
To be eligible for the research assistantship students must:
- be currently enrolled in full-time, undergraduate study at NYU New York or NYU Shanghai
- have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours of study before coming to NYU Abu Dhabi
- have applied to study at NYU Abu Dhabi for semester study. Only students who are admitted to study abroad at NYUAD will be considered.
- be physically present on campus in Abu Dhabi for the relevant semester of the assistantship
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above with a good overall academic and disciplinary record
- have a demonstrated interest in and preparation for the research or its equivalent in the arts
Deadlines are around the end of September for spring and the end of March for fall. Please visit the NYUAD Visiting Student Semester UGRA page for further information, and to apply.
Practical Research Experience Program (PREP) at the Technical University of Munich (TUM)
Practical Research Experience Program (TUM PREP) is a summer program that will help students refine your research skills at one of Europe’s top-ranked technical institutions. While staying at the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you will:
- Gain experience in research
- Learn more about the German higher education landscape and industry
- Become members of the diverse scientific community
The PREP program offers:
- Cutting-edge research projects
- No program fee
- Financial support
- Dorm accommodation
- Individual support by PREP Program Manager and student buddies
- Orientation and framework program
The Online application period for TUM PREP 2023 will open as of October 1, 2022 and will run until November 20, 2022.
All research projects offered in summer 2023 are now available via the TUM PREP Website.
The TUM PREP program will start on July 3, 2023 and will end on August 31, 2023.
For TUM PREP 2023, students can choose between a large variety of about 65 interesting research projects at our various university chairs, so that each student will find the perfect fit.
TUM PREP projects are offered by many different departments / Schools from 5 different TUM campuses:
- Computation, Information &Technology (CIT)
- Engineering & Design (ED)
- Natural Sciences (NAT)
- Life Sciences (LS)
- Medicine & Health Sciences (MH)
- Management (MGT)
- Campus Straubing for Biotechnology and Sustainability (CS)
Also for students outside of the engineering and natural sciences fields there is a lot to choose from. They can do research in our departments of Architecture, Management, Sport and Health Sciences and Management.
Via the online TUM PREP Project Database it is easy to browse the different projects. Students can search for one of the TUM Schools / departments, but also for keywords like the academic fields the respective project supervisors are looking for. Please see the guidelines for using and searching the database.
Applications for TUM PREP 2023
Please note that all students must have uploaded their documents online and submit their application latest by Sunday, November 20, 2022. Also their professors should send the students’ recommendation letters by this deadline.
- Only students from NYU New York are eligible to participate
- Tandon graduate students cannot receive academic credit for their participation
- Tandon PhD students are ineligible to participate