NYU Abu Dhabi Visiting Undergraduate Research Program
NYU Abu Dhabi welcomes the unique experiences and insights visiting students bring to the university and region. The Visiting Undergraduate Research Program provides an opportunity for a limited number of undergraduate students at NYU New York, NYU Shanghai, and UAE-based universities to take part in research projects at NYUAD over the summer, supervised by NYUAD faculty. For information about the program, and to view possible opportunities, please visit the Visiting Undergraduate Research Program page on the NYUAD web page.
Kindly share these summer research opportunities with your students. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Application Deadline: April 5, 2021, 5PM GST
Program Dates: Maximum duration is 35 hours per week from May 23–July 29, 2021. Some projects take place for a shorter duration or number of hours. Please see individual projects below for further information.
Program Location: Remote (home-based)
Program Costs and Logistics: This is a voluntary research position. Positions are usually based at NYUAD. However, due to COVID-19, all summer 2021 positions will take place remotely. Students will receive a one-off allowance of USD 200 to assist with any research-related costs.*
*If you are an NYU New York or NYU Shanghai student, this award is subject to approval from your home school financial aid office.
The conditions of eligibility are as follows:
- Students must be currently enrolled in full-time, undergraduate study at NYU New York or NYU Shanghai.
- Only students who have successfully completed at least 44 credits and have a GPA above 3.3 are eligible to take part. Students who not meet this requirement may still apply — it is up to the discretion of the supervising faculty whether you can be considered.
- Students must be in good academic and disciplinary standing.
- The position should usually be in line with the student’s declared major and academic interests.
- Students will be required to enroll in a zero-credit, pass/fail class and attend an orientation session.
- Students must be available for the full duration of the advertised position.
Practical Research Experience Program (PREP) at the Technical University of Munich (TUM)
TUM PREP IS ON PAUSE UNTIL SUMMER 2022!
Practical Research Experience Program (PREP) is a 10-week summer program that will help you refine your research skills at one of Europe’s top-ranked technical institutions. While staying at the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you will:
- Gain experience in research
- Learn more about the German higher education landscape and industry
- Become members of the diverse scientific community
The PREP program offers:
- Cutting-edge research projects
- No program fee
- Financial support
- Dorm accommodation
- Individual support by PREP Program Manager and student buddies
- Orientation and framework program
Program dates TUM PREP 2020
Application periodOctober 1 – November 29, 2019 (3 pm, CET)
Kick-off eventMay 26, 2020
Orientation weekMay 27 – June 1, 2020
Research projects (minimum duration)June 2 – August 13, 2020*
Closing eventAugust 13, 2020
* In most cases, an extension of the project duration (earlier project start, later project end) is possible in consultation with the TUM PREP supervisor.
The projects for TUM PREP are offered by various university chairs and are therefore diverse. For example: Human factors and user perception of hyperloop adoption or Politics & Technology for the Global Environment and Sustainable Development.
Excellent North American undergraduate students (who have completed 2 years of studies when starting at TUM) and graduate students are invited to apply.
- Bachelor or master students (at least 2 years of undergraduate studies completed when starting with the TUM PREP project)
- GPA minimum: 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Project-specific skills as mentioned in project descriptions
Applicants are expected to get informed about recognition and credit transfer regulations at their home institutions, if they need academic credits for their research stay.
Please direct any questions or concerns to Sara Basurco at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT 2020 TUM PREP PROGRAM: