Game Theory and Applications
Dynamic Games and Control Theory
Information Theory and Communication Networks
Energy Systems and Critical Infrastructures
Resilient and Secure Socio-Cyber-Physical Systems
Adversarial Machine Learning and Signal Processing
Internet of Things
Game and Decision Theory for Cyber Security
Economics and Optimization Theory
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2013
PhD, Electrical and Computer Engineering
University of Toronto, 2008
Master of Applied Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering
McGill University, 2006
B. ENG in Honours Electrical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering
Postdoctoral Research Associate
From: August 2013 to December 2013
- J. Chen and Q. Zhu, Game and Decision Theoretic Approach to Resilient Interdependent Network Analysis and Design, SpringerBrief, 2020.
- S. Rass, S. Schauer, S. Konig, and Q. Zhu, Cyber-Security in Critical Infrastructures: A Game-Theoretic Approach, Advanced Sciences and Technologies for Security Applications, Springer, 2020.
- Q. Zhu and Z. Xu, Cyber-Physical Co-Design for Secure and Resilient Control Systems, Advances in Information Security, Springer, 2020.
- C. Rieger, I. Ray, Q. Zhu, and M. Haney (Eds.), Industrial Control Systems Security and Resiliency: Practice and Theory, Advances in Information Security, Series Volume 75, 2019, Springer.
- C. A. Kamhoua, C. Kiekintveld, F. Fang and Q. Zhu (Eds.), Game Theory and Machine Learning for Cyber Security, Wiley-IEEE Press, 2021. (to appear)
- J. Pawlick and Q. Zhu, Game Theory for Cyber Deception, Static & Dynamic Game Theory: Foundations & Applications Series, Birkhauser, 2020. (to appear).
- Q. Zhu, J. S. Baras, R. Poovendran, J. Chen (Eds.), Proceedings of 11th International Conference on Decision and Game Theory for Security (GameSec) 2020, College Park, MD, USA, October 28–30, 2020.
- ECE-UY 3064 Feedback Control Systems
- ECE-GY 9213 Game Theory
- ECE-GY 9223 Reinforcement Learning
- ECE-GY 9233 Cyber-Physical Human Networks
- ECE-GY 9243 Convex Optimization and Optimal Control
- ECE-GY 9253 Cyber Physical System Security
- ECE-GY 9263 Stochastic Processes and Control
- ECE-GY 5213 Introduction to System Engineering
- ECE-GY 6233 System Optimization Methods
We are looking for PhD graduates who are interested in multidisciplinary research related to cyber-physical security and privacy, system and control theory, machine learning and game theory. Interested candidates should email their CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Assistantships/Graduate Assistantships
We are actively looking for motivated undergraduate and graduate students in research projects on the Internet of Things, cyber-physical systems, machine learning, smart cities and next-generation systems and control. Interested students should email their CV/Resume to email@example.com
NYU undergraduate and graduate students can also get involved in research projects through the following courses:
- ECE-UY 4223 Electrical Engineering Design Project II
- ECE-UY 397 Senior Thesis
- ECE-GY9941 Advanced Projects III
- ECE-GY9953 Advanced Projects I
- ECE-GY9963 Advanced Projects II
- ECE-GY997x MS Thesis in Electrical & Computer Engineering
Undergraduate Summer Research Program:
Interested undergraduate students can apply using the following link
or send their CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vertically Integrated Projects (VIP) Program
The Laboratory for Agile and Resilient Complex Systems (LARX) invites undergraduate students who are interested in the VIP on Smart Internet of Controlled Things.
Description: The Internet of Things foresees a highly networked future, where every object is integrated to interact with each other, allowing for communications between objects, as well as between humans and objects, which enables the control of intelligent systems in our daily lives. This project aims to design and prototype smart, resilient and secure IoTs that can adapt to changing environment, uncertainties, and adversarial behaviors. This project will allow students to leverage knowledge from communications, signal processing, and systems and control to build applications including smart homes, smart healthcare, smart grids and smart building.
Interested students should contact VIP Director at email@example.com. For more information on the program, please see http://engineering.nyu.edu/research/student/vip
Workshop on Learning and Security for Multi-agent Systems, Virtual Conference, 59th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Dec 13th, 2020
- IEEE International Workshop on Information Forensics and Security, December 6-11, 2020