Club Trainings and Resources
Student Club and Organization Handbook
For policies and procedures that govern student clubs and organizations at the NYU Tandon School of Engineering, please refer to:
We have also created the following "quick guides" to help you access important information quickly:
Training and Support
Mandatory Student Leader Orientation
All NEW student club leaders from your organization must complete the Student Leader Orientation (SLO) training in order to continue holding events/meetings or to utilize your initial funding allocation past September. SLO training will only be offered in person during the second and third week of the semester. Prior to the training, please review the Student Club Handbook.
Fall 2020 Student Leader Orientation will take place virtually through NYU Classes. Each club is required to have at least five officers participate in the following tracks: (1) President, (2) Secretary/Communications, (3) Treasurer/ Finance, (4) Marketing/Publicity, and (5) Programming. More information will be available in early August regarding completing the virtual training.
Purchasing Card Training
All NEW student club presidents and treasurers must also complete the purchasing card training in order to use their club purchasing credit card. For reference, please check out the Club Card Training Presentation.
Fall 2020 Purchasing Card Training will be available virtually to all club presidents and treasurers through NYU Classes in August 2020.
Annual Re-Recognition Process
All currently recognized and active student clubs are able to be re-recognized at the end of the spring semester for the following academic year.
All clubs who submit by the deadline will not only be able to continue being active but will also be eligible for the following perks:
- Use of designated University space for meetings and programs, including space at both the Tandon School of Engineering and space designated for club use in other NYU facilities
- Access to funding in support of club events and programs
- NYU email alias to be connected/redirected to a general club email
- All organizations recognized will also be listed in the club directory on the Office of Student Activities and Resource Center website and NYU Tandon NYU Engage directory
- Sponsor events and programs that are open to the NYU Tandon community
- Leadership retreat and workshop participation
- Advisement and support for further development
- Networking opportunities with other students, faculty and administrators
- Opportunity to make a difference within the NYU Tandon community
- Access to calendar of events and campus wide promotion via NYU Engage platform
- Use of available resources including mailboxes and office materials in the Hub
- Use of a (1) locker for your organization’s materials
- Eligible for a (1) banner with club name/logo every six years.
Partner with Wasserman
The Wasserman Center for Career Development at Tandon encourages student clubs and organizations to partner with us throughout the year. If your organization is preparing for conferences, employer events, or site visits, we can help you put your best foot forward. Someone from the career center can also conduct a presentation during an open class session.
Your club/organization may request one (1) locker for storage. Please contact your Graduate Assistant directly to request a locker.