Carroll and Milton Petrie Student Emergency Grant Fund
Please Note: The funding for the Petrie Grant is exhausted for this academic year. Please contact Financial Aid for assistance relating to COVID-19 or other pressing situations. Thank you.
NYU Tandon School of Engineering received the Caroll and Milton Petrie Student Emergency Grant Fund to provide quick-response emergency grants to matriculated students in good academic standing who are facing a short-term financial emergency. The goal of the fund is to help currently enrolled students remain in school without interruption and successfully complete their degree requirements. The grant is NOT intended to address ongoing financial hardship nor is it intended to serve as a substitute for a larger financial aid package. For ongoing financial concerns, please speak to a Financial Aid counselor.
Examples of QUALIFIED EMERGENCIES include:
- Sudden loss of housing
- Fire in living quarters
- Temporary loss of job or income
- Theft of computer, books, clothing or other essential belonging
- Medical/Dental emergencies
- Short term food or transportation needs
- Travel expenses due to illness/death in immediate family
- Overdue utility bills/turn off-notice
- Transportation card
- Loss of childcare
- Victims of domestic violence
- Other (you may give an explanation of your emergency)
The grant is NOT intended to cover:
- Previous college tuition debt/expenses
- Current full or partial tuition and University fees
- Legal representation/attorney fees in a criminal proceeding or NYU disciplinary proceeding
- Conference attendance (registration, travel, hotel, and dining expenses)
- Ongoing or general financial hardship
- Requests in advance for future semesters.