Office of Student Life & Services
The Office of Student Life & Services oversees Student Leadership and Engagement, Student Advocacy, and the Tandon Career Hub.
Our Mission & Vision
The NYU Tandon Student Life & Services team, in partnership with faculty and staff, engages students in developing and enhancing their curricular, co-curricular, and essential life skills as they transition to well-rounded and empathetic global leaders. Our programs and initiatives work to address emerging issues, develop student leadership excellence, promote campus community citizenship, foster campus-wide social justice awareness, and provide general student advocacy.
In support of the NYU Tandon Students First mission, the Office of Student Life & Services educates and advocates for students’ academic, social, cultural, personal, and civic development to meet the challenges of and contribute to our changing communities.
Our programs strive to uphold and enhance the following tenets:
- Inclusion - to support students from diverse backgrounds and expand their experiences where they meet, work, and develop relationships with other students across differences
- Leadership - to develop a student’s skills throughout their Tandon career in an effort for them to reach their full potential as leaders within their various communities
- Effective Communication - to enhance and perfect students verbal, non-verbal, written, listening and visual communication
- Integrity - to instill a deep sense of awareness and appreciation for integrity
- Emotional Intelligence - to assist students in understanding and managing their emotions as they navigate the challenges of a rigorous academic curriculum and all the activities that complement it
- Empowerment and Resiliency - to cultivate in students a sense of their rights and responsibilities and enhance their skills to meet challenges with creativity and innovation.
Who We Are
The Office of Student Life & Services is comprised of three sub-offices:
Office of Student Leadership and Engagement
The Office of Student Leadership and Engagement supports the academic goals of the School by providing services and programs designed to enhance and maximize students’ co-curricular educational opportunities. All programs and services are designed and implemented with the aim of creating a rich educational environment. All Tandon student clubs are housed under OSLE.
Office of Student Advocacy
The Office of Student Advocacy serves to promote a safe and respectful environment for all Tandon students. Services range from assistance with excused absences and extended leaves, bias reports, code of conduct violations, and general wellness and self-advocacy support.
Tandon Career Hub
The Tandon Career Hub tailors its services to meet the custom needs of our STEM population. Our career counselors work 1 on 1 with students on internship searches, job hunting, and general support. Career Hub also puts on events ranging from semesterly career fairs, panels, and career readiness bootcamps.