Tandon Vision is an innovative way for NYU Tandon faculty and staff to interact with students using virtual and augmented reality.
By creating virtual and augmented reality apps the Tandon Vision team has an opportunity to infuse newly admitted students into the unique Tandon culture. Our apps give students a chance to envision their lives at Tandon students.
Are you ready for a virtual trip to Mars? How about a microscopic journey through human blood vessels?
- Just follow the simple steps below and watch your vision become your future at Tandon!
- Assemble your new cardboard headset by lining up slots
- Download and open Tandon Vision and Tandon Research Lab from the App Store or Google Play Store (links below)
- Plug in your headphones
- Place your phone inside your headset and close the back of the headset
- Use a rubber band if your phone still moves around
- Align the screen to the lenses by moving your phone around inside the headset
- The button for interacting with Tandon Vision, Tandon Research Labs and Tandon MakerSpace is on the top-right on the headset
- Sit or stand where you can turn around and enjoy
Explore the Augmented Reality research of NYU Tandon School of Engineering Professor Mark Skwarek!
- Download and open ARCreator from the App Store (links below). Remember to allow the app to use the camera, microphone and voice recognition.
- Press and hold the round button at the bottom, then say a word (Example: “apple tree”).
- Once the apple tree loads, tap the object and move it with your phone, placing the tree wherever you want.
- Use the help button at the lower left corner for more tutorial about controlling AR objects.
- Free your imagination and create an AR world!