In order to complete your application, we need to receive transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions, even if you were not a matriculated student (enrolled in a degree, certificate, or diploma program) and/or did not complete an academic program.
Applicants can upload a copy of their official transcripts to their application directly. Your transcripts must list the following information to meet our application requirements:
- The applicant’s full name
- The full name of the issuing institution
- Every course taken at the institution
- All grades received for courses taken at the institution
Please note that screenshots or printouts of a student portal are not able to fulfill this requirement.
If you are admitted to the program, you will be required to submit official transcripts before the start of the semester you have been admitted to. In order for a transcript to be considered official, it must be sent directly from the issuing institution to NYU Tandon’s Graduate Admissions Office. Documents sent by the applicant cannot be considered official.
If your institution offers the option to send Official Electronic Transcripts, they should submit them directly to email@example.com. This is the email address of the Graduate Admissions Office who will be able to attach these transcripts to your application. We are also a Parchment institution
If your institution can only send Official Paper Transcripts, those should be sent to the following address:
NYU Tandon School of Engineering
Graduate Admissions Processing Center
458 Pike Road
Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006
This is the address of our document processing center in Pennsylvania.
If we do not receive your official transcripts in time, you will be de-enrolled from your program and may need to reapply. If you are having difficulty sending your official transcripts, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We will work with our Graduate Admissions Office to try to accommodate our applicants as much as possible.
Please see the sections below for specific country requirements.
- We will accept uploaded or scanned copies of your official documents for application review. If admitted and upon enrollment, official university-issued or attested copies of college transcripts or a consolidated statement of marks are required.
- If sending attested copies of your mark sheets, the attestation must be made by (and only by) the Comptroller of Examinations or Registrar from the degree-granting institution and received in a sealed envelope from the institution.
- If a degree has been earned at the time of application, an attested copy of the official Degree Certificate must be submitted. If the Degree Certificate is not yet available, an attested copy of the official Provisional Degree will be accepted for admission purposes only.
Please note that we do not accept self-attested copies, they must be attested by your institution.
- Note that transcripts that are not in English are subject to the guidelines below (“Transcripts not in English from any country”).
- Indian students finishing the Secondary School Certificate (SSC) after Grade 10 may choose to enter a polytechnic and pursue a three-year Diploma in Engineering program. Should they then seek admission into a Bachelor of Engineering (BEngr) or Bachelor of Technology (BTech) program at a university, they will be placed in Year 2 of that four-year program with the prior Diploma study providing transfer credit equivalent to the first year of degree studies. Thus, a graduate applicant must submit marksheets and diploma for the Diploma in Engineering program in addition to the bachelor's degree credential.
Transcripts Not Officially Issued in English from Any Country
- For any transcript that is not officially issued in English by the institution, an English-language translation is required. (Dual-language transcripts issued by the institution are acceptable and do not require translation.)
- All translations must be:
- Complete and literal (word-for-word and line-by-line), replicating the original as precisely as possible with no attempts at interpretation or evaluation
- Prepared in the same format as the original document
- Typed on organization or school letterhead/stationery
- Signed or stamped by an approved translator (see below)
- Official translations may be provided by one of the following:
- The institution issuing the transcript
- A consulate or embassy of the United States or of the institution’s country
- A professional, certified and/or accredited translation agency
- Translations will not be accepted from:
- The applicant or members of his/her family
- Individuals not affiliated with any of the organizations listed above.
Transcripts in English from Any Other Country
- Official transcripts must be received by us in a sealed envelope from the institution.