Official transcripts are required from all previously-attended post-secondary institutions, even if you were not a matriculated student (enrolled in a degree, certificate, or diploma program) and/or did not complete an academic program.
Any transcript you upload to the online application will be considered unofficial; please contact your previously-attended institutions to arrange for official transcripts to be mailed directly to our application processing center.
All official transcripts must be received before an application is reviewed.
Please send all documents to (Note that this is our document processing center in Massachusetts):
NYU Tandon School of Engineering
Graduate Admissions Processing Center
15 Dan Road, Suite 102
Canton, MA 02021
If your institution offers the option to send Official Electronic Transcripts rather than mailed transcripts, they should submit them directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is the email address of the Graduate Admissions Office who will be able to attach these transcripts to your application.
International Student Transcripts: For further information on transcript guidelines, please note the following International Student Requirements.
- Official University-issued or attested copies of college transcripts or a consolidated statement of marks.
- If sending attested copies of your mark sheets, the attestation must be made by (and only by) the Comptroller of Examinations or Registrar from the degree-granting institution and received in a sealed envelope from the institution.
- If a degree has been earned at the time of application, an attested copy of the official Degree Certificate must be submitted. If the Degree Certificate is not yet available, an attested copy of the official Provisional Degree will be accepted for admission purposes only.
- Note that transcripts that are not in English are subject to the guidelines below (“Transcripts not in English from any country”).
Transcripts Not Officially Issued in English from Any Country
- For any transcript that is not officially issued in English by the institution, an English-language translation is required. (Dual-language transcripts issued by the institution are acceptable and do not require translation.)
- All translations must be:
- Complete and literal (word-for-word and line-by-line), replicating the original as precisely as possible with no attempts at interpretation or evaluation
- Prepared in the same format as the original document
- Typed on organization or school letterhead/stationery
- Signed or stamped by an approved translator (see below)
- Official translations may be provided by one of the following:
- The institution issuing the transcript
- A consulate or embassy of the United States or of the institution’s country
- A professional, certified and/or accredited translation agency
- Translations will not be accepted from:
- The applicant or members of his/her family
- Individuals not affiliated with any of the organizations listed above.
Transcripts in English from Any Other Country
- Official transcripts must be received by us in a sealed envelope from the institution.