Faculty Media Studio
A dedicated workspace for instructional media project development.
The Faculty Media Studio provides faculty and staff access to top-of-the-line computers and cutting-edge software, as well as consultation opportunities with FITL’s Media Producer and other content specialists.
Our staff share and encourage best practices for building media to use in your courses and research.
The studio offers customized services to advance the development of faculty media projects.
Design. Develop. Implement.
The Faculty Media Studio is equipped for the design and production of a variety of media types. FITL’s Media Producer can assist you in designing, developing, and implementing your media projects.
You can use different media types in your course:
- Video: Show real-world applications, demonstrate concepts, bring interactivity to the lecture
- Audio: Provide podcasts and other audio recordings students can listen to before or after class
- Images: Enhance presentations, handouts, homework diagrams, or display on the web
- Lecture Capture: Grab in-class lecture material and discussion for students who missed class or need review, or for your own records
- Digital Content: Prepare interactive lecture content ahead of time with the SMART Podium
Media content can be presented live in class and made available to your students via your LMS course site.
- Adobe Creative Suite Master Collection
- iLife (GarageBand, iMovie, iPhoto, iWeb)
- Quicktime Pro
- iWork (Keynote, Pages, Numbers)
- Microsoft Office
- Quad-Core Mac Pro
- 27” LED Cinema Display
- 27” iMac
- SMART Podium Interactive Pen Display
- 32” 1080P LCD TV
- Ultra-Portable Digital Projector
- Closed, Dynamic Stereo Headphones
- Professional Desktop Microphone
- Laptop plug-in station
The Faculty Media Studio works with faculty and staff at the School of Engineering to design media products that meet the objectives of your classroom or service. We provide instructional support for quality video and audio production at all stages of development.
Location & Hours
The Faculty Media Studio is located in Rogers Hall 418A.
Monday: 10am - 5pm
Tuesday: 10am - 5pm
Wednesday: 10am - 5:30pm