Graduate Student Orientation
Congratulations on your acceptance and choice to attend NYU Tandon School of Engineering!
New Graduate Student Orientation (NGSO)
Tuesday, August 24 - Thursday, August 26
New Graduate Student Orientation (NGSO) is an opportunity for our new graduate students at the NYU Tandon School of Engineering to come together and begin their journey at NYU. As a new student at NYU School of Engineering, it is important that you take advantage of all orientation has to offer. Below is information regarding registering for and attending the various Orientation sessions, as well as some helpful links to help you prepare for your arrival at the NYU Tandon School of Engineering.
NGSO will include opportunities to join hangouts with your Graduate Orientation Leaders (GOLs) prior to the official orientation days which are August 24th - August 26th. These are opportunities to meet other incoming graduate students as well as meet current students.
You will be REQUIRED to register for NGSO using below registration link. To open registration access, please select "Enter access code" and enter your 9-digit NYU N Number INCLUDING the N (i.e. N12345678). If your N Number does not work, please email email@example.com. Remember the required session is the Welcome to Graduate School at the NYU Tandon School of Engineering which will be offered both in person and virtually for those who cannot attend. . We encourage you to attend as many of the other sessions as you can as they will be able to provide you opportunities to meet various offices as well as other students.
Schedule for NGSO Fall 2021 - Please note that this schedule is subject to change at any time.
Questions about NGSO? E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-Graduate Orientation Hangouts
New Graduate Student Orientation will include opportunities to join hangouts with your Graduate Orientation Captains (GOCs) prior to the official orientation days. These are great opportunities to meet other incoming graduate students as well as meet current students! Make sure to register before each hangout session via Zoom in order to attend. Please see the below schedule and registration links:
Virtual NGSO Sessions
The below sessions for NGSO are being offered both in-person and/or virtually. If you are unable to attend NGSO in person you can attend via live stream or watch at your own convenience.
Welcome to Graduate School @ the School of Engineering
- Tuesday, August 24, 2021
- Wednesday, August 25, 2021
Young Alumni Panel
The Office of Student Activities and Resource Center in collaboration with Tandon Alumni Relations invites you to join us for the Young Alumni Panel! The Young Alumni Panel is an opportunity during New Graduate Student Orientation for incoming students to hear from recent grads about their journey from Tandon to their careers post-graduation!
- Friday, August 27, 2021
Electrical & Computer Engineering Department Advising
Meet other new ECE students as well as faculty and administrators in the department!
- Friday, August 27 2021
- Pay Your Tuition Deposit
- Participate in the Pre-Orientation Webinar
- Submit a photo for your NYU ID
- Submit your Immunization Requirements
- Check Health Insurance Requirements
- Make an appointment with your academic adviser
- Find out about options for temporary and off-campus housing
- Complete the below forms (Note: You must be logged into your NYU email in order to complete the form):
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS (Office of Global Services)
- Complete the arrival form and submit your immigration documents to OGS online in August. You will need PDF or JPG copies of the following items to upload to the form:
- F-1 or J-1 visa
- I-94 record, I-20 or DS-2019
- and your dependent's documents (if you have a spouse or children here with you as F-2 or J-2 dependents). You can ONLY complete this once you have arrived in the United States.
- Attend a REQUIRED virtual International Student Orientation session with the Office of Global Services
- Connect with the NYU Office of Global Services on their social media platforms