In addition to being an Adjunct Professor at Tandon School of Engineering, Dr. Vasiliadis is also currently employed by M&J Engineering P.C. as Senior Vice President leading the division of Water Resources and Environmental Engineering.
Professor Vasiliadis is a diplomate of the Academies of Environmental Engineers, Water Resources Engineers, and Industrial Hygienists. He is also a Certified Industrial Hygienist by the American Board of Industrial Hygienists and a member of a number of professional organizations including the American Society of Civil Engineers, Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society and the American Industrial Hygiene Association. Dr. Vasiliadis has served as an expert witness in various legal cases and has published over twenty articles and papers.
Professor Vasiliadis’ professional interests include performing design and analysis of water resources and environmental systems, environmental monitoring, assessments and modeling, ambient and indoor air quality and noise monitoring and control, and hazardous materials and waste management, and quality assurance and quality control. He enjoys teaching courses in Water Resources and Environmental Engineering including Hydrology, Environmental Systems Management, and Sold Waste Management.
- Ecology and Environmental Engineering Manual, 2015
- Construction Noise Monitoring and Control Protocol – Part of the contract specification for the rehabilitation of the Midtown Tunnel in NYC, 2014
- Data, Probabilities and Statistics, 2012
- Statistical Analysis of Available Performance Data to Estimate the Maximum Treatment Capacity of the Passaic Valley Sewerage Commissioners (PVSC) Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP), City College of the City University of New York - 2011
- Noise Pollution and Control Manual, 2011
- Noise Mitigation Means during Construction, 2011
- Paint Odors Control, 2010
- Hazardous Waste Management Manual, 2009
- Environmental Engineering, Hygiene and Safety Manual, 2003 and 2008
- Environmental Law and Quality Control of Water Supply Systems, Proceedings of the 6th Conference on Environmental Science and Technology, Global Network for Environmental Science and Technology (GLOBAL NEST) and the University of the Aegean, Samos, Greece, September 1999.
- Identification and Management of Hazardous Materials and Conditions during Bridge Reconstruction, Proceedings of the 6th Conference on Environmental Science and Technology, Global Network for Environmental Science and Technology (GLOBAL NEST) and the University of the Aegean, Samos, Greece, September 1999.
- Quality Control of Water Supply Systems and Environmental Law, submitted to the Municipality of Kastoria, Greece, August 1998.
- The Effects of Electromagnetic Fields on Health, The National Herald (daily Greek-American newspaper), June 1-2, 1996.
- Sampling and Analysis for Permit Compliance and Process Control at the New York City Water Pollution Control Plants – Statistical Analysis, City College of the City University of New York, February 1996.
- Demand Driven Operation of Reservoirs using Uncertainty-Based Optimal Operating Policies, ASCE - Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, 120(1), New York, NY, January-February 1994.
- Reliability of Operating Rules with or without Uncertain Forecasts, Proceedings of the Water Forum 92 - ASCE National Conference on Water Resources Planning and Management, Baltimore, MD, August 1992.
- A Demand Driven Decision Support System for Operation of Reservoirs, Proceedings of the Water Forum 92 – ASCE National Conference on Water Resources Planning and Management, Baltimore, MD, August 1992.
- Demand Driven Operation of Reservoirs using Uncertain Forecasts, AGU-CGU-MSA Joint Spring Meeting, Montreal, Canada, May 1992.
- Bayesian Stochastic Optimization of Reservoir Operation using Uncertain Forecasts, Water Resources Research, 28(5), May 1992.
- Incorporating Uncertain Forecasts and Variable Demand in Reservoir Operation, Proceedings of the 4th Operations Management Workshop of ASCE, Mobile, AL, March 1992.
- Decision Support Systems for Water Resources Management, Proceedings of the 2ndCivil Engineering Automation Conference by the New York Metropolitan Section and New Jersey Section of ASCE, New York, NY, November 1991.
- Demand Driven Water Resource Systems Planning and Management using Uncertainty-Based Optimal Operating Policies, Ph.D. Dissertation, Polytechnic University, June 1991.
- Interactive Modeling of Hydrological Time Series Using Microcomputers, AGU Spring Meeting, Baltimore, MD, May 1988.
- Hydrological Modeling of Time Series Using Autoregressive Integrated Moving Average (ARIMA) Models, M.Sc. Project, Polytechnic University, 1988.
- Evaluation of Time Series Analysis Models, Research Report, Polytechnic University, 1987.
- Time Series Analysis Using Microcomputers, Polytechnic University, 1987
- Road Accidents on Rural Highways, Diploma Thesis, Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki, July 1986.