Allan B. Goldstein, NYU Tandon School of Engineering Senior Lecturer, teams student innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs with disabled community members to create digital stories that make society care and remember.
Being a sibling of a survivor of the notorious Willowbrook State School for the Mentally Retarded, his personal experience writing explores the social barriers impeding an inclusive society. Goldstein is on the screening committee of the Sprout Film Festival, which features films by and about people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Research Interests: Experiential Learning: establishing ties with community members, not-for-profits, BIDs, and government leaders to match their needs with NYU-Tandon's capabilities for professor developed project-based courses.
CUNY School of Professional Studies, 2015
Master of Arts, Disability Studies
- LOST AND FOUND, STORIES FROM NEW YORK, VOL.2, edited by Thomas Beller, Thomas Beller Neighborhood Books, dist. by WW Norton, July 2009
- THICKER THAN WATER, ESSAYS BY ADULT SIBLINGS OF PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, edited by Don Meyer, Woodbine House, May 2009
- NYU Distinguished Teaching Award Winner, 2018-2019
- Chronicle of Higher Education inaugural list of Teaching Innovators, 2017
- WPIX Changemaker, 2017
- CUNY SPS Alumni Spotlight
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Faculty Award NYU, 2016-2017
- New York Observer, "Top of the Class" 2015
- Jacobs Excellence in Education Award NYU-Tandon School of Engineering, 2012
- Omicron Delta Kappa University of Denver, 1971
- Bing Wang, documentary filmmaker, The Ability Exchange
- Dr. Jim Lawler, Professor of Information Technology, Seidenberg of CSI, Pace University--Disability Studies; Pace Faculty Institute presentations; NYS ARC
- Amy Bittinger, Director of Operations, Family Support Services, ADAPT Community Network
- Peter Cobb, Director of Community Outreach, ADAPT Community Network
- Linda Temple, Exec. Director, Heartshare Human Services
- ADAPT Community Network, Amy Bittinger, VP Family Services
- CUNY SPS DISABILITY STUDIES MASTERS PROGRAM, Mariette Bates, Director
- HeartShare Human Services of New York, Linda Temple, Exec. Director
- SPROUTFlix DISABILITY FILM SELECTION COMMITTEE, Anthony DiSalvo, Sprout Founder/Exec. Director