In the third part of NYU LMS (Brightspace) hands-on training workshops, faculty and staff will receive an in-depth understanding of the various digital tools that can facilitate assessment within NYU’s new learning management system (LMS).
This workshop will demonstrate how to use tools for assessing student comprehension as well as best practices for effective implementation.
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Create, manage, and grade assignments
- Build a basic quiz with common types of quiz questions
- Explore the setup wizard to create a robust gradebook
The following materials are recommended for you to bring digitally to the workshop:
- Sample assignment (i.e. presentations, videos)
- Sample quiz/exam
- Course syllabus with grading information
Throughout the workshop, faculty and staff will participate in individual learning activities to explore, practice and apply newly acquired knowledge and skills. Additionally, attendees will be provided with the opportunity demonstrate their progress, share ideas and ask questions about effective ways to using tools for assessing comprehension on the platform.