German-American Chamber of Commerce Innovation Seminar: Smart Cities
To inspire the next generation of students, the German American Chamber of Commerce, Inc. in New York (GACCNY) is organizing the Innovation Seminars Event Series at select New York area universities this December.
A select group of leading German companies from the field of Smart Cities will present their latest innovative products and reference projects which incorporate energy efficiency solutions. This serves not only as a great way for students to connect their classroom studies to real-world products and services but also as a unique networking opportunity for them.
The event series is sponsored by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy as part of the German export initiative for energy solutions made in Germany.
- Welcome and Introduction
- Kurt H. Becker, Ph.D., | Vice Dean for Research, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship Professor of Applied Physics and Professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, NYU Tandon School of Engineering
- Overview of the German-American Smart Cities Industry
- Dr. Jan Fritz Rettberg | Head of Innovation Management, ie³ Institut of Energy Systems, Energy Efficiency and Energy Economics, TU Dortmund University
- German Company Presentations
- Jon Lemmond | Senior Engineer, Baumann Consulting
- Bernhard Pfleger | CEO, Pixida USA Inc.
- Mike Rockwood | General Manager, NA Eluminocity US, Inc.
- Jean-Marie Bergeal | CEO, MeteoViva Inc.
- Q & A Session with all Speakers Moderator: Professor Kurt Becker
- End of Program