Make science and mathematics exciting! Apply now using the form below...
Invention, innovation, and entrepreneurship (i2e) is NYU-Poly’s fundamental new way of approaching academics and research by arming faculty and students with the tools, resources, and inspiration to turn their research into applications, products, and services that take flight as faculty- and student-owned companies.
The Summer Institute for STEM Educators is an introduction to the i2e classroom model and into the world of cutting-edge research that aims to solve both global and local problems.
All workshops will provide an informed understanding of what technical and research professionals do. You will be exposed to experimental techniques, design skills, teamwork, and the tools of the trade in an effort to establish and enhance your lesson plans. Various experimental techniques will be presented.
- Collaborative Partnerships between High Schools and Universities
- Creativity and Inventiveness in High School STEM Curriculum
- Introduction to Business Incubators and Patents
- Introduction to Engineering Laboratories (Interactive Lab Experience)
- Making Physics Fun
- NYU-Poly’s Approach to Science and Engineering – i2e
- Reviews of Research Projects for High School Students
- Robotics for High School Students
- Uses of Technology in the Classroom
NYU-Poly will Provide
- Housing for 4 nights in the Sheraton Hotel near NYU-Poly's MetroTech campus
- 10 Meals: Tuesday – dinner; Wednesday – breakfast, lunch and dinner; Thursday – breakfast, lunch and dinner; Friday – breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Classroom and laboratory space and materials
- Transportation to all off-site locations via subway
- For questions on accommodations, contact Deidre West at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost for Participants
- Round trip travel to NYU-Poly
- Registration fee of $50 per person made payable to NCSSSMST
- Meals on Saturday and Sunday (if applicable)
- Entrance fees/cost to local tourist attractions