Wine Country Comes to Poly - Alumni Wine Tasting in Brooklyn
All area Poly alumni are invited!
After a successful career in Chemical Engineering, Poly alum Jack Florence '58 CE, has been growing grapes for almost 30 years in Geyersville, California. Jack's grapes are now found in the finest wines coming out of the famous Zinfandel appellations Dry Creek Valley and Rockpile in northwestern Sonoma County . In fact one of Jack's Zinfandels was named third best wine in the world by the Wine Spectator a few years ago. We'll be celebrating his unique Poly story with a tasting of six of the wines his grapes produce.
NYU-Poly President Jerry Hultin, distinguished faculty and fellow local alumni will have the special opportunity to hear directly from Jack, as well as representatives from the wineries that produce some of California's best reds!
Wineries represented will include:
- Carol Shelton Wineries - Meet Carol Shelton the "most awarded winemaker in the United States". Carol will be pouring both her '09 Florence Vineyard Petite Sirah as well as her showcase wine, the '08 Rocky Reserve Zinfandel from renown Rockpile.
- Rosenblum Cellars - Representative Caressa Bailey Sack will pour their '09 Rockpile Road Zinfandel.
- Rock Wall Wine Company - First pouring in NYC!!! Will be sending their very exclusive '10 Jack's Vineard Petite Sirah.
- Dashe Cellars - Mike Dashe will send his '09 Florence Vineyard Zinfandel.
- Simi Winery - Will be pouring a very special Petite Sirah from '08.
For more information about Jack's grapes and the wineries represented, be sure to browse the following links:
Registration for this event is now full.