Jurassic Park Returns to NYU-Poly
This end-of-the-year party sponsored by The New York Paleontological Society is open to all in the Polytechnic Community — even youngsters you may know who'd like to participate in our young people's auction for children under 12.
You'll get to learn about, touch, and handle fossils from around the world — from 400 million year old invertebrates to dinosaur and Ice Age mammal fossils. And all attending will receive a fossil as a free door prize, as well as a chance to receive another fossil or book in our free door prize drawing.
Other not-to-be-missed activities and attractions:
- Free food and beverages, including many specialty foods and desserts, for those who register (contact Donald Philips to register; see contact info above)
- One or two brief talks on fossils, fossil collecting, and special exhibits (not too technical)
- "Paleontology Quiz" game (winner receives a gift certificate to a mineral and fossil shop in Manhattan)
- Fossil auction for the more spectacular specimens on hand
- Classic prehistoric creatures films for your viewing enjoyment
- Fossils available for purchase at minimal prices
- Books and field guides for sale at below cost, on topics in natural history, geology, paleontology, nature and the environment
- NOTE: you need not purchase anything to enjoy the party!
So, "bone" up on your fossils, and come hungry to this epoch event.
About The New York Paleontological Society
The New York Paleontological Society was founded in 1970 and incorporated as a nonprofit, tax exempt organization primarily for educational purposes in paleontology, fossils and related sciences (geology, evolution, systematics, etc).Price: FREE