BS/MS Program | NYU Tandon School of Engineering

BS/MS Program

Earn a bachelor’s and a master’s degree in less time than it typically takes to complete both separately.

Library books

Undergraduates with strong academic records in certain programs may apply for admission to the BS/MS Program, which leads to the award of both a bachelor’s and a master’s degree from NYU Tandon.

While still undergraduates, this program allows students to make steady progress towards completing the two degrees for a lesser cost through a combination of earned AP credits, completed summer coursework, and additional credits over the limit completed each semester. Qualified students are typically considered for admission to the program during their junior year. In their remaining undergraduate semesters, they will complete some graduate coursework during regular terms and/or during the summer towards their desired master's degree.

Please note that the BS/MS Program applies to degrees at Tandon only. The master's degree cannot be pursued at another school of NYU.

Transfer students and students pursuing a second bachelor's degree are not eligible for this program.

Detailed Guidelines   Application form


  • Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better
  • Completion of at least 64 credits of undergraduate coursework, but no more than 80
  • Transfer students and students pursuing a second bachelor's degree are not eligible to apply

Scholarship benefits

Students in the BS/MS program are eligible for a scholarship covering 50% of tuition and registration fees for credits required during the MS portion of the program. The scholarship is provided only after the completion of the BS degree and upon matriculation into a graduate program. It is calculated on the basis of the remaining credits needed to complete the MS degree.

The graduate tuition scholarship will be available for a maximum of twelve months from the start of the student’s first term in the graduate program after the conferral of the BS degree.


Questions about the curriculum of a BS/MS program? 
Contact your departmental advisor(s).

For further information, please email the Office of Undergraduate Academics.