Research is at the heart of the Department of Finance and Risk Engineering’s activities. The department supports faculty and student research, seminars, and related activities. Our faculty from around the world actively participate in comprehensive analysis and assessment of risks in various application areas including financial risk management, derivatives, credit risk, default models in finance, black swans and rare events finance, global warming, infrastructure and water finance and sustainability, safety and security, healthcare, cyber security, and investments. Collaborative research and exchanges are maintained with a large number of internationally recognized professors in Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
Learn more about a selection of the department's professors through Google Scholar.
- Scholarly citations by Professor Peter Paul Carr
- Scholarly citations by Professor Andrew Papanicolaou
- Scholarly citations by Professor Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- Scholarly citations by Professor Charles S. Tapiero
- Scholarly citations by Professor Agnes Tourin
- Scholarly citations by Professor David Shimko