Technology, Journalism, and the Public Interest
Building AI tools to hold AI accountable
We are holding artificial intelligence used in high-stakes decision making accountable by building new AI tools for journalism and research and doing investigative research ourselves. AI is involved in high-stakes decision making including hiring, at work, in education and for financial decisions.
The team will work with journalism students to research the most appropriate data science applications for journalists’ needs, create and iterate tools, work on accountability methods for data science products, and actively pursue investigative stories.
- Create new tools that assist journalists in investigative reporting
- Build and maintain the software and hardware backend of tools
- Investigate new AI tools
- Apply research methods and machine learning tools to real-world problems
Methods and Technologies
- Big Data and Data Science
- Machine Learning
- Investigative Reporting
- Applied Social Science Research
- Electrical and Hardware Development
- Social Research
- Computer Science
- Data Visualization
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Electrical Engineering
- Social Science
- All majors welcome!
- NYU Tandon School of Engineering
- NYU College of Arts and Sciences