Inclusion, Diversity, Belonging, and Equity in STEM
Our VIP team will introduce STEM students to principles of global inclusion, diversity, belonging, equity and access. Our intention is to support students in becoming socially responsible engineers.
Together, we will explore discourses surrounding social justice issues related to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in STEM.
The questions guiding our team will be:
- How does your positionality inform your role as an engineer?
- How have social, cultural, and institutional structures been constructed to define social groups? How does these structures shape the experiences that students have in undergraduate STEM programs, particularly students from historically excluded groups?
- What responsibilities do students, staff, and faculty have to upholding a culture of belonging within STEM?
- What strategies and policies can students, staff, and faculty use to build an inclusive campus community?
- Implementing Inclusive Language
- Creating Assistive Technologies
- Designing Inclusive Campus Spaces
- Developing Inclusive Policies and Practices
- Literature Review
- Survey Development
- Listening Sessions
Majors/Areas of Interest
- All Majors Welcome!
Related Grand Challenges
- Advance Personalized Learning