Project Support at NYU
Funding opportunities and entrepreneurial support for NYU student teams
The VIP Teams each require unique support to achieve their objectives. Consider the avenues below as they may be available for project funding and dissemination.
NYU Rising Violets is a crowdfunding donation platform that advertises student projects each semester, such as VIP teams. Donations go directly to a specific VIP team and are tax deductible.
MakerSpace & Design Lab Opportunities
- $50 Mini Grants are awarded monthly to fund NYU student projects being completed in the MakerSpace. Awarded projects are featured on the MakerSpace blog.
- NYU Prototyping Fund is a collaborative program with the NYU Entrepreneurial Institute that awards teams of students up to $500 in the first round of funding and up to $2000 in the second round, and provides resources, tools, and mentors to support project development.
I2E: Invention, Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- InnoVention Prototyping Student Competition is a unique mix of an accelerator and a competition supported by NYU Tandon Future Labs that offers student-led ventures an opportunity to compete for $50,000 in cash prizes while receiving perks such as coaching, community, legal services and workshops.
- Check the calendar to attend workshops and discussions
- Apply for funding and compete for recognition in entrepreneurial competitions