New York City
You're going to love having a New York state of mind.
There is no other city in the world quite like New York. The largest city in the U.S. with a population of 8.6 million, it is full of hustle and bustle, neighborhoods with unique flavors and personalities, and every sort of dining and shopping experience imaginable. And NYU Tandon’s Brooklyn campus is just a quick subway ride from all that Manhattan has to offer.
You will have access to endless entertainment (they don’t call it “The City That Never Sleeps” for nothing!), including nightlife, restaurants, cultural events, concerts, and so much more. Even on a student’s budget, there are plenty of fun things to do in NYC. Check out:
- The Museum of Modern Art offers steep discounts for students
- The High Line, an elevated park to walk along on the West Side with great views and street vendors in the warm weather
- Broadway show tickets, which are typically notoriously expensive, can be purchased up to 50% off at the TKTS booths
- Central Park, with numerous areas to explore such as the Pond, Shakespeare Garden, and Strawberry Fields
- Yankees, Mets, New York City FC soccer, and other professional teams offer game tickets for under $20
When you’re ready to explore New York City’s professional side, the possibilities are equally amazing. There are thousands of businesses of all sizes based here, representing every industry, providing you with truly unparalleled career opportunities.