English Conversation Groups
For English Language Learners
Weekly Conversation Groups
Meet with a small group of your fellow students and a group leader for one hour each week for 10 weeks.
- Speak English more comfortably
- Express your thoughts more clearly
- Understand lectures and class discussions
- Understand American idioms
- Learn current slang expressions
- Learn about life and culture in New York
- Make friends with Tandon students from different places and different academic departments
To join a conversation group:
a. Come to 2 MetroTech, 983 and fill out a conversation group application form.
b. Once we have collected all the applications, we will assign you to a conversation group based on your interests and availability.
c. Your group will have 10 meetings, one meeting per week for 10 weeks. Once you are assigned to a group, you are expected to attend all of the meetings.
d. PTC conversation groups are non-credit bearing and are only open to currently enrolled NYU students.
e. There is no fee for this service.
Fall 2023 Conversation Groups
- Conversation Group applications will be available from August 21 through September 7. Applications are due no later than Thursday, September 7. We cannot accommodate late applications.
- Fall Conversation Groups will begin the week of September 11 and continue through the week of November 13.
Questions? Please visit us in 2 MetroTech, 983, or contact: 646-997-3425 or email@example.com