"Of all my experiences in NYU, nothing has shaped my identity quite like working at the PTC. Thank you so much for the opportunity to be part of the team. I’d be lucky to find another job half as gratifying as being a tutor." - Michael Russo, Physics Tutor and Team Leader
How do I become a PTC tutor?
Undergraduate applicants must:
- Be the School of Engineering students in good standing; and
- Have been at the School of Engineering for at least 1 semester, and generally have sophomore status or above.
Graduate applicants must be:
- Able to invest necessary time and effort to familiarize themselves with the School of Engineering undergraduate course content, including syllabi and textbooks;
- Willing to attend undergraduate lectures as part of training; and
- Able to explain undergraduate course content in proficient English.
Requirements of ALL applicants include:
- a strong overall GPA (3.0 or higher)
- high grades in the subject that they wish to tutor (A or A-)
- a desire to help fellow students
- good communication skills
- ability to treat all students with respect
- ability to work on a team
- previous tutoring, teaching, or youth leadership experience is a plus, but not mandatory
How to I become an office aide at the PTC?
The PTC employs approximately 4 students per semester as office aides. Applicants must be students in good standing, with an overall GPA of 2.5, and must have been at the School of Engineering for at least 1 semester. Requirements include: friendly manner, excellent communications skills, good work ethic, and willingness to work on a team. Previous experience working with other students or with the public is a plus. Skill with common office programs (MS Word, Excel) is required, and strong academic skills are a plus.