Important dates and deadlines, including final exams and snow make-up days
The School of Engineering follows the University Academic Calendar but maintains a slightly adjusted semester and final exam schedule.
View the Spring 2021 Session Dates below. For subsequent terms, please refer to the University-wide Academic Calendar for term start & end dates and registration periods and deadlines.
For events at the School of Engineering, visit our events page.
* All dates are subject to change *
Spring 2021 Regular Session
- Last day to receive a refund of 100% of tuition & fees for students who are dropping classes, but will remain enrolled in at least one course. Students who withdraw from ALL courses during the term, please see the Refund Schedule for Complete Withdrawal
- Last day of initial registration on Albert for all students
- Last day of active waitlists
- Last day to drop/add on Albert for all students
- Waitlists will be purged
- Courses dropped after the first two weeks of the semester: No refund of tuition or fees for students who are dropping classes, but will remain enrolled in at least one course
- All students who wish to perform initial registration or a registration transaction to add a class must go to their academic advisor or their academic department in order to initiate this request
- Beginning today students who want to withdraw from a class should use the Request Class Withdrawal process
Seven Week First Session
Seven Week Second Session
FRE First Half Session
FRE Second Half Session
Final Exam Schedule
Spring 2021 Final Exam Schedule
Undergraduate final exams will be administered from Wednesday, May 12, 2021-
Tuesday, May 18, 2021. Please click the Undergraduate Final Exam Schedule for details.
Graduate final exams will be administered from Wednesday, May 12, 2021-
Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at the regularly scheduled class time (unless otherwise communicated by instructors).
Snow Day Make-Up Schedule
Campus Closed Monday, February 1, and Tuesday, February 2, 2021: All Classes Will Be Remote.
NYU’s non-residential campus buildings are closed Monday, February 1, and Tuesday, February 2, 2021. All remote activity should continue as usual. All in-person classes and activities will pivot to remote and take place at their regularly scheduled times.
Administrative operations currently being conducted through telework will continue uninterrupted.