VIP Student Expectations
Some expectations are consistent across all VIP teams, while others may vary.
Common VIP Expectations
- Attend weekly meetings and communicate regularly with the team (or sub-team)
- Maintain a VIP Notebook (individual documentation)
- Seek support when needed to learn knowledge and skills
- Collaborate with team members on tasks to achieve team goals and objectives
- Develop professional skills such as written and oral communication, teamwork and collaboration, time management, and more.
VIP courses are typically taken for one (1) credit per semester, which corresponds to an average expectation of 3 to 4 hours per week. This time commitment includes weekly meetings, working sessions with team members, independent tasks, and documentation. For some VIP teams, the time commitment can vary from week-to-week, whereas others will have consistent hours.
Returning VIP students who hold positions of leadership on a VIP team may request VIP Advisor approval to enroll for two (2) credits per semester, which is commensurate with increased workload.