InnoVention is a prototyping competition that challenges NYU students from across the globe to prototype and pitch commercially viable ideas for real-world problems.
A unique mix of an accelerator and a competition, the InnoVention challenge offers student-led ventures an opportunity to compete for $25,000 in cash prizes while receiving perks such as coaching, community, legal services and workshops. Supported by the NYU Tandon School of Engineering Future Labs, the competition challenges student-led teams to validate, prototype and pitch commercially viable technology ventures that solve global problems.
With an emphasis on prototyping, the initiative uniquely adds to the university’s entrepreneurial ecosystem working well with the NYU Summer Launchpad accelerator and the $300k Entrepreneurs Challenge. Ultimately, the InnoVention infrastructure builds a robust competitive culture at the School of Engineering that drives innovation through ideation, education, mentorship and funding, leading student entrepreneurs to start and take their ventures forward. Apply by January 9th, 2023!
InnoVention has produced some incredible companies that are making a global impact.
Notable winners include:
- Cresilon creates the first ever gel that can stop profuse laceration bleeding in seconds.
- Mana Health powers corporate and New York State health care database with a simple yet efficient portal for patients and practitioners.
- EdenWorks, an urban farming startup, grows organic produce and distributes through Whole Foods.
- BotFactory supports the maker movement and organizations like NASA with a 3D printer that allows rapid electronics prototyping.
- Physiclo develops activewear with built-in resistance technology to enable more efficient athletic training.
- Sunthetics develops a cost-effective, sustainable component of nylon.