The official newsletter of the NYU Tandon Department of Finance and Risk Engineering
- A letter from the Spring 2023 Interim Chair, Prof. Agnes Tourin
- Reflections from the Fall 2022 Interim Chair, Prof. David Shimko
- NYU Tandon Administration Adaptation of Jennifer Novicki's Faculty Handbook
- FRE MSFE Career Happenings
- Profile: Industry Assistant Prof. Amine Aboussalah
- and more!
The late Peter Carr’s family has dedicated a memorial bench in Prospect Park, located roughly 100 yards south of Endale Arch, facing the northeastern edge of Long Meadow, between the fourth and fifth lampposts. The plaque is appropriately inscribed for a financial engineer. This location is where Peter and his wife, Carol, would begin their runs through the park. When you visit, we invite you to upload a photo or share a memory of Peter Carr on Padlet.
This edition pays homage to our boss, colleague, mentor, advisor, teacher, and dear friend, Peter Carr. As we continue to mourn his sudden passing, we wanted to share thoughtful notes, tributes, photos, and expressions of love for Peter in this newsletter.
- Faculty Grants Recently Awarded: Machine Learning Research Initiatives
- FRE Dads: Keeping in the Family
- Rising in All Ranks
- FRE's Newest Faculty
- Bulls & Bears Under New Leadership
- and more!