Tandon Faculty First Look
Preparing diverse, talented scholars for faculty careers
The NYU Tandon School of Engineering is committed to excellence, inclusion, and diversity in STEM research and education. In this framework, we invite advanced doctoral degree candidates and postdoctoral fellows working in engineering fields, who are passionate about science and driven to make the world a better place, to apply to the prestigious Tandon Faculty First Look Fellowship program.
Fellows will have the opportunity to present research to Tandon faculty working in their field of engineering, and engage with NYU Tandon deans and faculty from a range of engineering disciplines through workshops designed to help them advance their careers, including:
- Best practices to prepare for the faculty recruitment, application, interview, and selection process
- How to write compelling application cover letters, research and teaching statements, and CVs
- The latest information about NYU’s Postdoctoral Programs
The Tandon Faculty First Look Fellowship program will be held in-person Thurday-Friday, April 11-12, 2024 on NYU Tandon's campus in MetroTech Center in Brooklyn, NY and all travel expenses including hotel will be covered.
Eligible participants include doctoral degree candidates and post-doctoral fellows working in fields represented by NYU Tandon’s faculty, departments, and research centers. Underserved populations in the Academy and/or at Tandon are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Applications for next cohort will open in mid-December 2023, and are expected to be open through mid-February 2024.
Interested candidates will submit the following (as individual documents):
- Personal Statement: to include career aspirations, your contribution to diversity and inclusion in the Academy, anticipated dissertation completion date, and why participating in NYU Tandon’s Faculty First-Look will help you achieve your goals. Maximum 750-word count
- Dissertation Abstract: maximum 250-word count
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Recommendation from dissertation advisor, verifying anticipated dissertation date
- Supplemental Form
Please feel free to reach out to the Office of Inclusive Excellence with any questions or concerns at email@example.com.