NYU Polytechnic School of Engineering
Doctor of Philosophy, Electrical Engineering
Polytechnic Institute of NYU2012
Master of Science, Electrical Engineering
The L. N. Mittal Institute of Information Technology, Jaipur, Ind2009
Bachelor of Technology, Communication and Computer Engineering
MAGMA Design Automation India Pvt Ltd.
Associate Product Specialist, Physical Verification Department
Developed runsets (physical verification rules coded in TCL) for various technologies (65nm, 45nm, 28nm).
From: January 2010 to May 2010
InterDigital Communications, Inc.
Part time intern, Next Generation Networks - Dynamic Spectrum Man
Worked on the opportunistic Multi-RAT aggregation, designed a new security/authentication protocol for multi-RAT WiFi system, and designed the architecture and signaling to enable opportunistic RAT selection and aggregation.
From: October 2011 to September 2012
- S. Goyal, P. Liu, S. Panwar, “User Selection and Power Allocation in Full Duplex Multi-Cell Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 2408-2422, March 2017.
- S. Goyal, T. Le, A. Chincholi, T. Elkourdi, and A. Demir, “On the packet allocation of multi-band aggregation wireless networks,” ACM Springer Wireless Networks, vol. 23, no. 3, March 2017.
- S.Goyal, P.Liu, S.Panwar, R.A. DiFazio, R. Yang, E. Bala, “Full duplex cellular systems: will doubling interference prevent doubling capacity,” IEEE Communication Magazine, vol.53, no.5, pp.121-127, May 2015.
- S. Goyal, P. Liu, S. Panwar, “Scheduling and Power Allocation in Self-Backhauled Full Duplex Small Cells,” to appear in IEEE ICC 2017.
- S. Goyal, M. Mezzavilla, S. Rangan, S. Panwar, and M. Zorzi, “User Association in 5G mmWave Networks,” to appear in IEEE WCNC 2017.
- Marco Mezzavilla, Sanjay Goyal, Shivendra Panwar, Sundeep Rangan, Michele Zorzi, " An MDP Model for Optimal Handover Decisions in mmWave Cellular Networks," in Proceedings of the EUCNC 2016.
- S. Goyal, C. Galiotto, N. Marchetti, S. Panwar, “Throughput and Coverage of a Mixed Full and Half Duplex Small Cell Network,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC) 2016. [Best Paper Award]
- S.Goyal, P.Liu, S.Panwar, R.A. DiFazio, R. Yang, J. Li, E. Bala, “ Improving small cell capacity with common-carrier full duplex radios,in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), Sydney, Australia, June 2014.
- S.Goyal, P.Liu, O.Gurbuz, E.Erkip, S.Panwar, “A distributed MAC protocol for full duplex radio,” in Forty Seventh Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers (ASILOMAR), 2013.
- S.Goyal, P.Liu, S. Hua, S.Panwar, “ Analyzing a full-duplex cellular system,” CISS, 2013, March 2013.
- A. Rath, S. Goyal, and S. Panwar, “Streamloading: low cost high quality video streaming for mobile users,” in Proceedings of the 5th Workshop on Mobile Video (MoVid ’13). New York, NY, USA: ACM, 2013, pp. 1–6.
- Sanjay Goyal, Pei Liu, Shivendra Panwar, Rui Yang, Robert A DiFazio, Erdem Bala,"Full duplex operation for small cells," CoRR, vol. abs/1412.8708, 2014. [Online]. Available: http://arxiv.org/abs/1412.8708.
Full Duplex Wireless Communication, Resource allocation, Interference Management
- NYU WIRELESS
(1) Best Paper Award in IEEE ICC 2016.
(2) 3rd best poster award for poster on “Analyzing a Full-Duplex Cellular System” in annual WICAT (Wireless Internet Center for Advanced Technology) research review meeting at University of Virginia, Nov. 16, 2012.
(3) CHAIRMAN’S GOLD MEDAL, for Best Academic Performance in the Graduating Class of 2009, The LNMIIT.
Enhancements to Enable Fast Security Setup, (Non-Provisional )
V.Choyi, Y.Shah, D.Howry, A.Demir, A.Chincholi, S.Goyal, Y.Targali, “Enhancements to Enable Fast Security Setup,” U.S. N0n-Provisional Patent Appln. No. US US9237448 B2 via InterDigital, 12 January 2016
Method and apparatus to enable direct link setup in opportunistic, (Non-Provisional )
A. Chincholi, S. Goyal, T. Le, A. Demir, “Method and apparatus to enable direct link setup in opportunistic multi- RAT aggregation systems,” WO 2014152853 via InterDigital, issued Jan 8, 2015.
Opportunistic Radio Access Technology Selection and Aggregation, (Non Provisional)
A.Chincholi, T.Le, A.Demir, J.Cartmell, S.Goyal, C.Ye, Z.Lin, B.Balazinski, T.Elkourdi, F.Periard, “Opportunistic Radio Access Technology Selection and Aggregation,” International Non Provisional Patent Application No. WO 2013126859 via InterDigital, 29 August 2013.