Michael I. -C. Wang
PhD Candidate in ECE,
New York University/National Chiao Tung University
2018 – 2023 (expected)
NCTU- Computational Intelligence on Automation Lab (GPA: 4.3/4.3)
NYU- High Speed Networking Lab (GPA: 3.83/4.0)
- Research: Connected Autonomous Vehicle Management using 5G technology
M.S. in ECE, National Chiao Tung University
2016 – 2018
- GPA: 4.05/4.3
- Research: “Improving Quality of Experience of Service-Chain Deployment for Multiple Users”
B.S. in ECE, National Chiao Tung University
2012 – 2016
1. Michael I.-C. Wang, Charles H-P. Wen, and H. Jonathan Chao. ”Assessing the Impact of Communication Delays for Autonomous Intersection Management Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, (under review).
2. Michael I.-C. Wang, Charles H-P. Wen, and H. Jonathan Chao. ”Hierarchical Cooperation and Load Balancing for Scalable Autonomous Vehicle Routing in Multi-Access Edge Computing Environment,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 2023.
3. Michael I.-C. Wang, Charles H-P. Wen, and H. Jonathan Chao. ”Roadrunner+: An Autonomous Intersection Management Cooperating with Connected Autonomous Vehicles and Pedestrians with Spillback Considered,” ACM Transactions on Cyber-Physical Systems (TCPS) 6.1 (2021): 1-29.
4. Yang Xu, Marco Cello, I-Chih Wang, Anwar Walid, Gordon Wilfong, Charles H.-P. Wen, Mario Marchese and H. Jonathan Chao,“Dynamic Switch Migration in Distributed Software-Defined Networks to Achieve Controller Load Balance,”IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC), March 2019.
1. Hsin-Fu Chang, Michael I.-C. Wang, Chi-Hsiang Hung, and Charles H.-P Wen, “Enabling Malware Detection with Machine Learning on Programmable Switch,”2022 IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS), 2022
2. Michael I.-C. Wang, Jiacheng Wang, H.-P. Charles Wen and H. Jonathan Chao, ”Roadrunner: Autonomous Intersection Management with Dynamic Lane Assignment,” 2020 IEEE 23rd International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC), 2020
3. Hsueh-Hong Kang, I-Chih Wang, Li-Ping Tung, and H.-P. Charles Wen. ”Parcel-Fit: Low Network-Overhead Service-Chain Deployment for Better Datacenter Performance,” 2019 IEEE Conference on Network Function Virtualization and Software Defined Networks(NFV-SDN). IEEE, 2019.
4. Ashkan Aghdai, Michael I.-C. Wang, Yang Xu; Charles H.-P. Wen, and H. Jonathan Chao. ”In-network Congestion-aware Load Balancing at Transport Layer,” 2019 IEEE Conference on Network Function Virtualization and Software Defined Networks (NFVSDN). IEEE, 2019.
5. I-Chih Wang, Charles H.-P. Wen, and Johnathan Chiao, “Improving Quality of Experience of Service-Chain Deployment for Multiple Users”, IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Quality of Service (iwqos), June 2018.
MediaTek Inc. Software/Firmware Engineer
2022/07 - 2022/08 (internship)
- Automate the fuzz test on internal control commands on smartphone modems
- Analyzing call setup times with the logs from smartphone modems
- Visualize the logs and extract SIP-related messages for debugging
- Create a tool to parse 5G-EAP packets for modem development
- Study 3GPP Spec to find potential improvement in smartphone modems
2015/07 - 2016/01 (internship)
- Write a Java library for engineers to connect Logitech firmware with Android system.
- Use R-pi to build an embedded system for color synchronization between devices.
NYU, NCTU Teaching Assistant
2018/09 - 2022/06
- Algorithm; Parallel Programming; Human Centric Computing Lab
- Data Center and Cloud Computing; Internet Architecture & Protocols
- "How To Give a Great Presentation"
2nd- 2021 IEEE ComSoc Student Competition Prizes
1st- 2021 NYCU SDG Student Poster Competition
Ph.D. Dissertation Award- 2021 SDG Academic Dissertation Award
2nd- Logitech Hack Days 2017, AR Remote-Control Car Driving with Gaming Force-Feedback Wheel
2nd- Mobile Heroes 2016, SCMan: Service Chaining Management
2nd- Haitec Workshop 2016, Distance Measurement with Camera Binocular vision
2nd- MediaTek LinkIn Hackathon 2016, e-AR
2nd- Campus Cloud Innovative Application Competition 2014, uSecureVote
1st- International ICT Innovative Services Contest 2014, SigNo Saver
- Implementing multi-site MEC with service chains for research demonstration in NCTU
- Android application: SigNo Saver (A self-rescue system supported by smartphones without any base station signal) (https://youtu.be/jw0rxk_yErY)
- Android application: uSecureVote (A secured voting system with concept of M2M)
- Edge computing: network traffic detection and analysis system
- Research project: interference cancellation in wireless ad-hoc networks
- VLSI project: TPU design (https://youtu.be/04YPPTCdGKc)
- Embedded system project: multi-access Point of Sale (POS) system with ARM boards
- Kinect C#: enabling motion control of games
- Parallel programming: simulating Brownian motion with OOP
- Control design project: voice-control car (https://youtu.be/mRPuy-DGUzI)
- Circuit design & implementation: elevator controls (https://youtu.be/556UJgabq0s)
- Entrepreneurship experience: FallCare (A privacy-awarded falling detection for elderlies) (https://youtu.be/xK0ZW3PbFls)