Bioinformatics Program Manager and Academic Adviser, Graduate Center of Professional Studies
Since 2009 I have been the Program Manager, Academic Advisor and Adjunct Professor at Tandon Onlines MS in Bioinformatics program. My focus has been in expanding the program in the areas of Next Generation Sequence Analysis and Deep Learning with a focus on personalized medical solutions in Cancer diagnosis and treatment. This lead to my invitation to serve as a visiting Professor at the Zhejiang Institute of Technology in Hangzhou, China from 2012 to 2016.
Prior to joining Tandon, I spent decades developing a unique skillset that combines genomics and bioinformatics/computational biology at IBM Center for Computational Biology, DNASTAR, Columbia University Genome Center and NIH.
The ability to move seamlessly between the lab bench and a high speed computing environment, has helped me to prepare students for career opportunities in this ever expanding field.
- Abe k, Yuzyiha M, Sugimoto M, Ko S.H.M., Brathwaite M, Waeltz P, Nagaraja R (2004) Gene content of the 750-kb region for mouse embryonic ectoderm lethal tcl-w5.Mammalian Genome 15, 265-276.
- ZQ Liu, S. Lin, PJ Baker, LF Wu, H. Wu, F. Xu, HY Wang, ME Brathwaite, YG Zheng. (2015) Transcriptome sequencing and analysis of the entomopathogenic fungus Hirsutella sinensis isolated from Ophiocordyceps sinensis. BMC Genomics, 16:106.
- Biosynthetic Pathway Analysis for Improving the Cordycepin and Cordycepic Acid Production in Hirsutella sinensis. (2016). Lin S, Liu ZQ, Xue, YP, Baker PJ, Wu H, Feng X, Teng Y, Brathwaite ME, & Zheng YG. Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, pp.1-17.
- Electronic Health Records Software Review A Guided Tour of: VistA Computerized Patient Record System.
- GenBank Submissions: AY211543, AF528163, AY162410, AF528162, AF528164, AF549257, AF549256, AF551762, AF489957, AF485269, AF481054, F481053, AF467890, AF466883.