Bioinformatics Program Manager and Academic Adviser, Graduate Center of Professional Studies
In 2009 I joined the Bioinformatics program first as a Lecturer, then as the Program Manager and Academic Advisor. During my tenure as interim Academic Director, I grew the program to be recognized for its acumen in Next Generation Sequence Analysis and Systems Biology. From 2012 to 2016 I was a visiting Professor at the Zhejiang Institute of Technology in Hangzhou, China.
Prior to joining the Polytechnic School of Engineering I worked in industry (Regeneron, IBM Center for Computational Biology, and DNASTAR), academia (Columbia University Genome Center, and Rockefeller University) and government (NIH-NIA). Over the past twenty years I have worked in Sequence Analysis, Bioinformatics and Computational Biology. I provide computational support for large scale sequence analysis and systems biology projects.
My experience has helped me to prepare students for career opportunities in biotechnology, healthcare, and energy.
- Abe k, Yuzyiha M, Sugimoto M, Ko S.H.M., Brathwaite M, Waeltz P, Nagaraja R (2004) Gene content of the 750-kb region for mouse embryonic ectoderm lethal tcl-w5.Mammalian Genome 15, 265-276.
- ZQ Liu, S. Lin, PJ Baker, LF Wu, H. Wu, F. Xu, HY Wang, ME Brathwaite, YG Zheng. (2015) Transcriptome sequencing and analysis of the entomopathogenic fungus Hirsutella sinensis isolated from Ophiocordyceps sinensis. BMC Genomics, 16:106.
- Biosynthetic Pathway Analysis for Improving the Cordycepin and Cordycepic Acid Production in Hirsutella sinensis. (2016). Lin S, Liu ZQ, Xue, YP, Baker PJ, Wu H, Feng X, Teng Y, Brathwaite ME, & Zheng YG. Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, pp.1-17.
- Electronic Health Records Software Review A Guided Tour of: VistA Computerized Patient Record System.
- GenBank Submissions: AY211543, AF528163, AY162410, AF528162, AF528164, AF549257, AF549256, AF551762, AF489957, AF485269, AF481054, F481053, AF467890, AF466883.