MakerSpace & MakerGarage
Hardware, software, manufacturing, training, project support and more available to all NYU students
NYU Tandon MakerSpace
Location: 6 MetroTech Center, 1st floor, Brooklyn, NY 11201
The NYU Tandon MakerSpace is a cutting edge lab, featuring rapid prototyping and PCB production equipment, advanced machining and testing capabilities, and access to peer support, training, diverse programming, networking opportunities, and resources to turn ideas into reality. Visit the NYU MakerSpace website.
COVID-19 Note: As long as the school remains open for in-person courses, the MakerSpace Lab will be open to serve students. Before going to the MakerSpace, everyone must watch an overview of lab safety operations due to Covid-19, and any new users must also complete orientation training. Read the full MakerSpace Fall 2020 Operational Memo.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - There is a PPE check in station at the front entrance; masks are required and gloves strongly encouraged
- Disinfecting stations are provided for students to disinfect tools that they use
- Wipes are available at each machine
- Reservations for All Stations and Machines - Total capacity is reduced; all chair and table locations are arranged and labeled for social distancing
- Training - To gain access to a machine in the MakerSpace, students must complete the online training module followed by a one-on-one socially distanced certification on the machine.
NYU Tandon MakerGarage
Location: 325 Gold St., 2nd Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11201 (Google Maps)
The NYU Tandon MakerGarage is a project and manufacturing space with machines and workbenches available for the VIP Teams and other student projects.
- Reservations will be used to schedule time in the MakerGarage in two-hour blocks. Each VIP team will be limited to 2 blocks per day (up to 4 hours per day).
- Teams must emphasize social distancing and follow all NYU policies when working in group settings on their projects (maximum of 8 members per team at a time).