Assistant Professor NYUSH
Global Network Assistant Professor NYU
Zhibin Chen is an Assistant Professor of Engineering, NYU Shanghai; Global Network Assistant Professor, NYU. Prior to this appointment, he was a research fellow in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. Dr. Chen received his Ph.D. in transportation engineering from the University of Florida in 2017. His research goal is to identify, develop, and implement emerging technologies to achieve a safer, more efficient, and environment-friendly transportation system, resulting in a series of research papers published in Transportation Science, Transportation Research Part B, Part C, Part D, IEEE ITS, Applied Energy, etc. He is currently an Editorial Advisory Board Member of Transportation Research Part C. Dr. Chen was the recipient of the Stella Dafermos Best Paper Award and the Ryuichi Kitamura Paper Award at the 95th TRB Annual Meeting.
Research Interests: Transportation Network Modeling and Optimization; Intelligent Transportation System; Discrete Optimization
Ph.D., Transportation Engineering, University of Florida
- 01/2019-Present Assistant Professor, Division of Engineering and Computer Science, New York University, Shanghai
- 01/2020-Present Global Network Assistant Professor, New York University
- 05/2017-12/2018 Research Fellow, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- Li, Z., Xu, Z., Chen, Z.*, Xie, C., Chen, G., & Zhong, M. (2023). Empirical analysis of electric vehicles' charging patterns: Case study from Shanghai. Available at https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=4146433.
- Liu, Y., Chen, Z.*, Xie, C., & Liu, K. (2023). Temporal equilibrium for electrified ride-sourcing markets considering charging capacity and driving fatigue. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 147, 104008.
- Xu, Z., Chen, Z., Yin, Y., & Ye, J. (2021). Equilibrium analysis of urban traffic networks with ride-sourcing services. Transportation Science, 55(6), 1260-1279.
- Chen, Z., Lin, X., Yin, Y., & Li, M. (2020). Path controlling of automated vehicles for system optimum on transportation networks with heterogeneous traffic stream. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 110, 312-329.
- Chen, Z., Yin, Y., & Song, Z. (2018). A cost-competitiveness analysis of charging infrastructure for electric bus operations. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 93, 351-366.
- Chen, Z., Liu, W., & Yin, Y. (2017). Deployment of stationary and dynamic charging infrastructure for electric vehicles along traffic corridors. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 77, 185-206.
- Chen, Z., He, F., Yin, Y., & Du, Y. (2017). Optimal design of autonomous vehicle zones in transportation networks. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 99, 44-61.
- Chen, Z., He, F., & Yin, Y. (2016). Optimal deployment of charging lanes for electric vehicles in transportation networks. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 91, 344-365.