Our research aims to advance technologies for analyzing interactions between biologically-relevant molecules. For example, we are interested in fundamental understanding of the molecular processes that underpin functioning of devices such as microarrays, optimization of these processes for applications, and translation of this knowledge to improved technological solutions. Examples of current projects include development of assays based on synthetic DNA mimics for pathogen and gene expression analysis, and design of scalable platforms for rapid assessment of small molecule-nucleic acid interactions.
Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering
University of Minnesota
Doctor of Philosophy, Chemical Engineering
National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Ping Gong, Kang Wang, Yatao Liu, Kenneth Shepard, Rastislav Levicky, "Molecular Mechanisms in Morpholino-DNA Surface Hybridization," J. Am. Chem. Soc., 132, 9663-9671, (2010).
- Damion Irving, Ping Gong, Rastislav Levicky, "DNA Surface Hybridization: Comparison of Theory and Experiment," J. Phys. Chem. B, 114, 7631-7640, (2010).
- Napoleon Tercero, Kang Wang, Ping Gong, Rastislav Levicky, "Morpholino Monolayers: Preparation and Label-free DNA Analysis by Surface Hybridization," J. Am. Chem. Soc., 131, 4953-4961, (2009).
- Kang Wang, Rebecca A. Zangmeister, Rastislav Levicky, "Equilibrium Electrostatics of Responsive Polyelectrolyte Monolayers," J. Am. Chem. Soc., 131, 318-326, (2009).
- Peter M Levine, Ping Gong, Rastislav Levicky, Kenneth L Shepard, "Real-time, Multiplexed Electrochemical DNA Detection Using an Active Complementary Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor Biosensor Array with Integrated Sensor Electronics," Biosensors & Bioelectronics, 24, 1995-2001, (2009).
- Biointerfacial Engineering
- Sensors and Biomolecular Diagnostics
NYU-POLY Seed Grants for Collaborative Research
(with Profs. James Canary and Nadrian Seeman from Dept. Chemistry, NYU)
- Distinguished Teacher of the Year, Polytechnic Institute of NYU, 2009
- National Science Foundation CAREER Award, 2001
- Distinguished Faculty Teaching Award, Columbia Engineering School Alumni Association, 2001