Four National Academy of Engineering Members
Two National Academy of Inventors Fellows
Twenty IEEE Fellows
NSF Career Awards
National and International Awards
Editorship for Journals
Google Citations for Department Faculty
Clarivate Highly Cited Researchers for Department Faculty
More than 100 Patents from Faculty Within the Department
More than 40 Books/Book Chapters Published by Faculty Members
- David Goodman
- Leslie Greengard
- Yann LeCun
- Dante Youla
- Jonathan Chao
- Theodore Rappaport
- Henry Bertoni
- Joseph Bongiorno
- Robert R. Boorstyn
- David C. Chang
- Jonathan Chao
- Elza Erkip
- David Goodman
- Zhong-Ping Jiang
- Spencer Kuo
- Francisco de Leon
- Yong Liu
- Shivendra Panwar
- Unnikrishna Pillai
- Sundeep Rangan
- Theodore S. Rappaport
- Philip Sarachik
- Ivan W. Selesnick
- Theo Tamir
- Yao Wang
- Dante Youla
- Siddharth Garg, 2016
- Yong Liu, 2010
- Elza Erkip, 2001
- Zhong-Ping Jiang, 2001
- Ivan Selesnick, 1999
- Ramesh Karri, 1997
- Matthew Campisi, Best Product Design 2018
- Yong Liu, Outstanding Junior Alumni Award, School of Engineering University of Massachusetts, Amherst 2017
- Thomas Marzetta, IEEE Communications Society Industrial Innovation Award 2017
- Matthew Campisi, Top Innovator Award, Accenture HealthTech Innovation Challenge Lexus Design Award 2017
- Elza Erkip, IEEE Communication Society WICE Outstanding Achievement Award, 2016
- Siddharth Garg, Popular Science Magazine's "Brilliant 10" of 2016
- David J. Goodman, The IEEE Communications Society Award for Advances in Communication 2015
- Theodore S. Rappaport, Shu Sun, Rimma Mayzus, Hang Zhao, Yaniv Azar, Kevin Wang, George N. Wong, Jocelyn K. Schulz, Mathew Samimi, and Feliz Gutierrez, 2015 IEEE Donald G. Fink Award
- Elza Erkip, The IEEE Communications Society Award for Advances in Communication 2013
- Zhong-Ping Jiang, coauthor, Shimemura Young Author Prize of the 2013 Asian Control Conference
- Zhong-Ping Jiang, Fellow of the International Federation of Automatic Control (IFAC), 2013
- Elza Erkip, Information Theory Society Board of Governors, 2012
- Elza Erkip, Finalist in The New York Academy of Science's Blavatnik Awards for Young Scientists, 2010
- Frank Cassara, the 2007 IEEE Athanasios Papoulis Education Award
- Spencer Kuo, 2005 Asian-American Engineer of the Year
- Shivendra S. Panwar and Prof. Yao Wang, 2004 IEEE Communication Society's Leonard G. Abraham Prize Paper in the field of Communications Systems
- David Goodman, 2003 Avant Garde award from the Vehicular Technology Society of the IEEE
- Jonathan Chao, elected to be Speaker of the Year by IEEE New Jersey Coast Section, 2003
- Ramesh Karri and Ivan Selesnick, Alexander Humboldt Fellowship, 200
- Yao Wang, New York City Mayor's Award for Excellence in Science and Technology, Young Investigator Category, Year 1999-2000
- I-Tai Lu, NSF Engineering Initiation Award
- Zhong-Ping Jiang, ARC Queen Elizabeth II Research Fellowship, 1998
- David Goodman, 1997 ACM/SIGMOBILE Award for Outstanding Contributions to Research on Mobility of Systems Users, Data, and Computing
- Ramesh Karri, Best Paper Award, ACM Transactions on Design Automation of Electronic Systems (TODAES), 2018
- E. G. Larsson, O. Edfors, and F. Tufvesson, Thomas Marzetta, IEEE Communications Society Best Tutorial Paper Award 2018
- Siddharth Garg, Best Attack Paper Award at NIPS Machine Learning for Cyber-Security Workshop for work on Backdoored Neural Networks (BadNets) 2017
- Ulugbek S. Kamilov, Vivek K Goyal, and Sundeep Rangan, Best Paper Award from the IEEE Signal Processing Society 2017
- Theodore S. Rappaport, Neal Shepard Memorial Propagation Prize Paper award from IEEE Vehicular Technology Society 2017
- Siddharth Garg, Distinguished Student Paper Award, IEEE Symp. on Security & Privacy (Oakland) 2016
- Shivendra Panwar, Best Paper Award, IEEE International Communications Conference (ICC), 2016
- K. Xiao, D. Forte, Y. Jin, R. Karri, S. Bhunia, M. Tehranipoor, Best paper of ACM Transactions on Design of Automation of Electronics Systems 2016
- Zhong-Ping Jiang, Steve and Rosalind Hsia Biomedical Paper Award, 2016 World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation (WCICA)
- Zhong-Ping Jiang, Best Conference Paper Award, 2015 IEEE Conf. on Information and Automation, Lijiang, China
- Quanyan Zhu, Best Paper Award, ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security
(CCS) Workshop on Managing Insider Security Threats (MIST), 2015;
- Yang Xu, Chenguang Yu, Jingjiang Li, and Yong Liu, Best Paper Award of ACM/USENIX Internet Measurement Conference (IMC) 2012
- Z. Liu, Y. Shen, K. W. Ross, S. Panwar, and Y. Wang, Best Paper
Award of Multimedia Communications (awarded by the IEEE Communications
- Kang Xi, H. Jonathan Chao and Chaoyi Guo, Best Paper Award in IEEE
International Conference on Computer Communication Networks (ICCCN), 2010
- Zhong-Ping Jiang, coauthor, Guan Zhao Zhi Best Paper Award of Chinese Control Conference, 2011
- Jeyavijayan Rajendran, Harika Manem, Ramesh Karri and Garrett S Rose, Best Student Paper Award of IEEE International Symposium on VLSI Design, 2010.
- Yong Liu, Best Paper Award of of IEEE Conference on Computer and Communications (INFOCOM) 2009
- Yong Liu, Best Paper in Multimedia Communications of the IEEE Communications Society (ComSoc) in 2008
- Zhong-Ping Jiang, Best Theoretical Paper Award of the 2008 World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation
- Elza Erkip, Co-author, Student Paper Award, IEEE International Symposium of Information Theory (ISIT) 2007
- Elza Erkip, Best Paper of the Communication Theory Symposium of IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC) 2007
- Elza Erkip, 2004 IEEE Communications Society Stephen O. Rice Paper Prize in the Field of Communications Theory
- Jonathan Chao, 2001 Best Paper Award from the IEEE’s Circuits and Systems Society
- Nirod Das, 1993 RWP King Paper Award from IEEE AP Society
- Henry Bertoni, 1993 Neal Shepherd Best Propagation Paper Award of the IEEE VT Society
- Michael Knox, NYU University Distinguished Teaching Awards, 2018
- Yao Wang, NYU Tandon Distinguished Teacher Award, 2016
- Matthew Campisi, NYU Tandon Distinguished Teacher Award, 2014
- Michael Knox, NYU Tandon Distinguished Teacher Award, 2011
- Ivan Selesnick, Jacobs Excellence in Education Award, 2003
- Peter Voltz, NYU Tandon Distinguished Teacher Award, 1997
- Zivan Zabar, NYU Tandon Distinguished Teacher Award, 1995
Associate Editor for International Journal on Energy and Power Systems
|Francisco De Leon||
Editor for IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery
President of IEEE Transactions on Information Theory (2018)
Senior Editor for IEEE Control Systems Letters , since Jan 2017
Associate Editor, IEEE Trans on CAD
Associate Editor for IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking
Associate Editor for IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters
|Ivan Selesnick||Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Computational Imaging|
Associate Editor for IEEE Trans. Circuits and Systems for Video Technology
Associate Editor in the area of Management of Energy Demand, Storage, and EVs, IET Journal on Smart Grid
Over 10000 Citations
- Papoulis A, Pillai SU. Probability, random variables, and stochastic processes. Tata McGraw-Hill Education; 2002.
- Rappaport, Theodore S. Wireless communications: principles and practice. Vol. 2. New Jersey: prentice hall PTR, 1996.
Over 1000 Citations
- Andrew Sendonaris, Elza Erkip and Behnaam Aazhang, "User cooperation diversity-Part I: System description. "IEEE Transactions on Communications, November 2003.
- Rusek F, Persson D, Lau BK, Larsson EG, Marzetta TL, Edfors O, Tufvesson F. Scaling up MIMO: Opportunities and challenges with very large arrays. IEEE signal processing magazine. 2013 Jan;30(1):40-60.
- Marzetta TL. Noncooperative cellular wireless with unlimited numbers of base station antennas. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. 2010 Nov;9(11):3590-600.
- Rappaport TS, Sun S, Mayzus R, Zhao H, Azar Y, Wang K, Wong GN, Schulz JK, Samimi M, Gutierrez Jr F. Millimeter wave mobile communications for 5G cellular: It will work!. IEEE access. 2013 May 10;1(1):335-49.
- Selesnick IW, Baraniuk RG, Kingsbury NC. The dual-tree complex wavelet transform. IEEE signal processing magazine. 2005 Nov;22(6):123-51.
- Liberti JC, Rappaport TS. Smart antennas for wireless communications: IS-95 and third generation CDMA applications. Prentice Hall PTR; 1999 Apr 1.
- Wang Y, Zhu QF. Error control and concealment for video communication: A review. Proceedings of the IEEE. 1998 May;86(5):974-97.
- Boccardi F, Heath RW, Lozano A, Marzetta TL, Popovski P. Five disruptive technology directions for 5G. IEEE Communications Magazine. 2014 Feb;52(2):74-80.
- Ngo HQ, Larsson EG, Marzetta TL. Energy and spectral efficiency of very large multiuser MIMO systems. IEEE Transactions on Communications. 2013 Apr;61(4):1436-49.
- Marzetta TL, Hochwald BM. Capacity of a mobile multiple-antenna communication link in Rayleigh flat fading. IEEE transactions on Information Theory. 1999 Jan;45(1):139-57.
- Hei X, Liang C, Liang J, Liu Y, Ross KW. A measurement study of a large-scale P2P IPTV system. IEEE transactions on multimedia. 2007 Dec;9(8):1672-87.
- Hochwald BM, Marzetta TL. Unitary space-time modulation for multiple-antenna communications in Rayleigh flat fading. IEEE transactions on Information Theory. 2000 Mar;46(2):543-64.
- Shakkottai S, Rappaport TS, Karlsson PC. Cross-layer design for wireless networks. IEEE Communications magazine. 2003 Oct;41(10):74-80.
- Wang Y, Ostermann J, Zhang YQ. Video processing and communications. Upper Saddle River: Prentice hall; 2002.
- Sendur L, Selesnick IW. Bivariate shrinkage functions for wavelet-based denoising exploiting interscale dependency. IEEE Transactions on signal processing. 2002 Nov;50(11):2744-56.
- Jiang ZP, Teel AR, Praly L. Small-gain theorem for ISS systems and applications. Mathematics of Control, Signals and Systems. 1994 Jun 1;7(2):95-120.
- Rangan S, Rappaport TS, Erkip E. Millimeter-wave cellular wireless networks: Potentials and challenges. Proceedings of the IEEE. 2014 Mar;102(3):366-85.
- Seidel SY, Rappaport TS. 914 MHz path loss prediction models for indoor wireless communications in multifloored buildings. IEEE transactions on Antennas and Propagation. 1992 Feb;40(2):207-17.
- Pillai SU, Kwon BH. Forward/backward spatial smoothing techniques for coherent signal identification. IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing. 1989 Jan;37(1):8-15.
- Andrews JG, Claussen H, Dohler M, Rangan S, Reed MC. Femtocells: Past, present, and future. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in communications. 2012 Apr;30(3):497-508.
- Andersen JB, Rappaport TS, Yoshida S. Propagation measurements and models for wireless communications channels. IEEE Communications Magazine. 1995 Jan;33(1):42-9.
- Ertel RB, Cardieri P, Sowerby KW, Rappaport TS, Reed JH. Overview of spatial channel models for antenna array communication systems. IEEE personal communications. 1998 Feb 1;5(1):10-22.
Over 500 Citations
- Kazimierczuk MK, Czarkowski D. Resonant power converters. John Wiley & Sons; 2012 Nov 7.
- Krishna K. Mukkavilli, Ashutosh Sabharwal, Elza Erkip and Behnaam Aazhang, "On beamforming with finite rate feedback in multiple antenna systems." IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, October 2003.
- Kim S, Nah J, Jo I, Shahrjerdi D, Colombo L, Yao Z, Tutuc E, Banerjee SK. Realization of a high mobility dual-gated graphene field-effect transistor with Al 2 O 3 dielectric. Applied Physics Letters. 2009 Feb 9;94(6):062107.
- Jose J, Ashikhmin A, Marzetta TL, Vishwanath S. Pilot contamination and precoding in multi-cell TDD systems. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. 2011 Aug;10(8):2640-51.
- Jiang ZP, Wang Y. Input-to-state stability for discrete-time nonlinear systems. Automatica. 2001 Jun 1;37(6):857-69.
- Hochwald BM, Marzetta TL, Richardson TJ, Sweldens W, Urbanke R. Systematic design of unitary space-time constellations. IEEE transactions on Information Theory. 2000 Sep;46(6):1962-73.
- Rappaport TS, Reed JH, Woerner BD. Position location using wireless communications on highways of the future. IEEE communications Magazine. 1996 Oct;34(10):33-41.
- Akdeniz MR, Liu Y, Samimi MK, Sun S, Rangan S, Rappaport TS, Erkip E. Millimeter wave channel modeling and cellular capacity evaluation. IEEE journal on selected areas in communications. 2014 Jun;32(6):1164-79.
- Jiang ZP, Nijmeijer H. Tracking control of mobile robots: a case study in backstepping. Automatica. 1997 Jul 1;33(7):1393-9.
- Sendonaris A, Erkip E, Aazhang B. Increasing uplink capacity via user cooperation diversity. Information Theory, 1998. Proceedings. 1998 IEEE International Symposium on 1998 Aug 16 (p. 156). IEEE.
- Liu P, Tao Z, Narayanan S, Korakis T, Panwar SS. CoopMAC: A cooperative MAC for wireless LANs. IEEE journal on selected areas in communications. 2007 Feb;25(2).
- Sendur L, Selesnick IW. Bivariate shrinkage with local variance estimation. IEEE signal processing letters. 2002 Dec;9(12):438-41.
- Wang Y, Wenger S, Wen J, Katsaggelos AK. Error resilient video coding techniques. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine. 2000 Jul;17(4):61-82.
- Joa-Ng M, Lu IT. A peer-to-peer zone-based two-level link state routing for mobile ad hoc networks. IEEE Journal on selected areas in communications. 1999 Aug;17(8):1415-25.
- Choi YS, Voltz PJ, Cassara FA. On channel estimation and detection for multicarrier signals in fast and selective Rayleigh fading channels. IEEE Transactions on Communications. 2001 Aug;49(8):1375-87.
- Wang Y, Liu Z, Huang JC. Multimedia content analysis-using both audio and visual clues. IEEE signal processing magazine. 2000 Nov;17(6):12-36.
- Haykin S. Array signal processing. Englewood Cliffs, NJ, Prentice-Hall, Inc., 1985, 493 p. For individual items see A85-43961 to A85-43963.. 1985.
- Seidel SY, Rappaport TS. Site-specific propagation prediction for wireless in-building personal communication system design. IEEE transactions on Vehicular Technology. 1994 Nov;43(4):879-91.
- Stefanov A, Erkip E. Cooperative coding for wireless networks. IEEE transactions on communications. 2004 Sep;52(9):1470-6.
- Rappaport TS, Skidmore RR, inventors; Wireless Valley Communications Inc, assignee. System and method for indicating the presence or physical location of persons or devices in a site specific representation of a physical environment. United States patent US 7,295,119. 2007 Nov 13.
- Hochwald BM, Marzetta TL, Tarokh V. Multi-antenna channel hardening and its implications for rate feedback and scheduling. IEEE trans. inform. theory. 2004 Sep;50(9):1893-909.
- Rappaport TS, Heath Jr RW, Daniels RC, Murdock JN. Millimeter wave wireless communications. Pearson Education; 2014 Sep 18.
- Tranter WH, Rappaport TS, Kosbar KL, Shanmugan KS. Principles of communication systems simulation with wireless applications. New Jersey: Prentice Hall; 2004 Jan.
- Rappaport TS, Murdock JN, Gutierrez F. State of the art in 60-GHz integrated circuits and systems for wireless communications. Proceedings of the IEEE. 2011 Aug;99(8):1390-436.
- Reed JH, Krizman KJ, Woerner BD, Rappaport TS. An overview of the challenges and progress in meeting the E-911 requirement for location service. IEEE Communications Magazine. 1998 Apr;36(4):30-7.
- Wang Y, Reibman AR, Lin S. Multiple description coding for video delivery. Proceedings of the IEEE. 2005 Jan;93(1):57-70.
- Hochwald B, Marzetta TL, Papadias CB. A transmitter diversity scheme for wideband CDMA systems based on space-time spreading. IEEE Journal on selected areas in communications. 2001 Jan;19(1):48-60.
- Jiang ZP, Praly L. Design of robust adaptive controllers for nonlinear systems with dynamic uncertainties. Automatica. 1998 Jul 1;34(7):825-40.
- Xu H, Kukshya V, Rappaport TS. Spatial and temporal characteristics of 60-GHz indoor channels. IEEE Journal on selected areas in communications. 2002 Apr;20(3):620-30.
- Jiang ZP, Nijmeijer H. A recursive technique for tracking control of nonholonomic systems in chained form. IEEE Transactions on Automatic control. 1999 Feb;44(2):265-79.
- Jiang, Zhong-Ping
- Marzetta, Thomas
- Rappaport, Theodore S.