Labs and Centers
The following is a list of labs and centers available to department members:
- Center for Advanced Technology in Telecommunications and Distributed Information Systems (CATT): Promotes industry-university collaborative research and development. Their mission is to create economic impact through research, technology transfer, and faculty entrepreneurship.
- Center for Cyber Security (CCS): Combines security technology strengths with experts in psychology, law, public policy, and business from NYU.
- Center for Urban Science + Progress (CUSP): A unique research center that utilizes its location in New York to assist in analyzing cities worldwide to become more productive, livable, equitable, and resilient.
- Game Innovation Lab: The Lab brings together faculty and students from NYU Tandon and the greater NYU community doing research focused on games as an innovation challenge.
- Media and Games Network (MAGNET): Dedicated to the exploration of games as a cultural form and game design as creative practice. MAGNET is the home of the Game Engineering's faculty offices and classrooms.
- Offensive Security, Incident Response and Internet Security (OSIRIS) Laboratory: An offensive security research environment where students analyze and understand how attackers take advantage of real systems.
- Secure Systems Laboratory (SSL): The Lab identifies and designs solutions for security threats and software systems.
- Visualization and Data Analytics (ViDA) Laboratory: A research lab that focuses on big data management, analyitics, and visualization.