Structural Engineering and Materials Research
NYU’s structural engineering and materials division offers some of the most innovative learning and research opportunities addressing critical needs of the infrastructure community. These include high performance material and structural component and system such as bridges, buildings, and levees; condition assessment of infrastructure performance; sensing and monitoring of aging and degradation; and global information systems for natural hazards and their impact on the built environment.
Structural engineering research includes:
- Structural Analysis for static and dynamic loads
- Design of Structure for longevity
- High performance materials and structural systems.
- Soil structure interaction
- Structural Health Monitoring