Inclusive Excellence Awards
The NYU Tandon Office of Inclusive Excellence is calling for nominations, including self-nominations, for the 2021-2022 departmental inclusive excellence awards. These awards will be given to one student in each academic department who has demonstrated a commitment to advancing inclusion, diversity, belonging and equity (IDBE) at Tandon.
Awardees can be:
- students who have actively contributed to building a school environment that supports a diverse, vibrant, creative community of problem-solvers, innovators, and inventors; students directly engaged in Tandon IDBE efforts;
- students working at the intersection of STEM and diversity, inclusion, social justice, anti-racism, anti-discrimination, restoration, reconciliation, and accessibility; and/or
- high achieving students from underrepresented groups pursuing careers in science, technology, engineering, math (STEM) and related fields.
This award is one part of Tandon's efforts to create a learning and research environment that is reflective of the diversity of our country and our global community and our continued commitment to excellence.
Nominations are due Friday, March 25, 2022.
- Ingrid Paredes - Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Elliot Molina - Civil and Urban Engineering
- Zahra Ghodsi - Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Kaz Burns - General Engineering
- Kyra-Lee Harry - Technology Management and Innovation
- Saki Asakawa - Technology, Culture and Society
- Katie Rosman - Computer Science and Engineering
- Harry Peng - Biomedical Engineering
- Le Zhu - Finance and Risk Engineering